UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November wrap up!

Jazz

I hope its an easy repair to the boiler Owl. Have you thought about having a service contract? Ours is with British Gas who come and service the boiler once a year but we can call them out any time there's a problem. There's other organisations/firms who offer them too. 

It was below freezing here overnight and was still only registering minus 2C an hour ago but it's now got up to a balmy 1C. It's a beautiful day thought with a brilliant blue sky and the sun is out.

sent the forms off for my disabled bus pass on Wednesday, got it today! got hospital tomorrow and Wednesday so that will save me some money

rescue messaged me this morning that the yorkie is going to be spayed today. she hasn't got to the vets. I don't know whats happened. she hasn't rung the vets to cancel. worried now

My experience of service contract engineers has not been positive so I prefer to find a good independent one. Problem quickly diagnosed as while clearing out the cupboard I found water dripping from a device on the pipes. Hadn't noticed before as it was dripping on to a bag of old towels.  Engineer explained that this was the filter. He cleaned it out and sealed it with some plumber's tape and got the system going again.It seems to have been a budget one in the first place and he is replacing it with a better one next week when he is coming to do a full service. The sooty blobs below the vent outside are not from the vent at all. We have no idea where they came from. House now warming up. Kitchen is cluttered up with stuff that usually lives in boiler cupboard, but It is still a bit damp in there so needs to dry out.

This morning we had a lovely walk on the reserve. Wispa was zooming about and jumped into a ditch which is normally dry. I haven't seen water in it for the past 5 years, and only an inch or two then. Splash into a couple of feet of water, boing straight out again and a quick zoom round the field to dry off. She had a great time, much needed after 2 days with no walks as we were marooned. In the village. 

• Like 1

Morning.

Another cold one this morning with minus temperatures overnight and continuing so far today.

Griff how is Kota today?

Does anyone know if you can replace the battery on a carbon monoxide detector or if you have to buy a complete new unit? Ours is deaded. Mind you the boiler is in an outside store so the chances of us getting poisoned is minimal but a detector does give peace of mind.

I have a trapped nerve in my neck so need an MRI, and I have fibromyalgia. bloody great. he said before I did, ill add it to the list

then before I even got home, got a call from the hospital cancelling next weeks op. Lewis has time off to be here overnight, and before the dog comes. you know the dog will come on the new day of the op?

Our carbon monoxide detectors have a life time battery, but I can't remember how long it is, not very helpful I know!  When the guy came to service our boiler, the first thing he asked was did we have one or more and were they in working order, ditto smoke alarms. 

That's a pain, Jazz..did they give a reason for cancelling? I know some hospitals have norovirus and are trying to keep as many people out as possible, also maybe staff off ill.