UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November wrap up!

Jazz

Rain here again, just for a change.  About a month ago, we had new doors on our side passageway, white Upvc with glass over.  I got some of that self adhesive window film that give a stained glass effect and put that on the one that is at front, didn't have enough to do both.  In our small conservatory we've got a couple of wall mounted carriage lamps. With a bit of careful measuring  (and still got it wrong!) I've put some of the film on their glass, so now I have Tiffany style lights, without the Tiffany price!

That window film is wonderful stuff. It's the only reason we can live here without causing a noise nuisance! Wispa can't see anyone unless the are right against the front of house. 

Fine weather has been postponed until tomorrow. We wuz robbed! Village now marooned again. 

Suzeanna, I am pinching your idea for my porch lamps - what a brilliant idea.

Hope you get your radiators sorted Owl.

Cold and sunny here today. Wanted to do some more work in the garden but it's just too cold. Need to sort out a warmer jacket for working outside, my fleece just isn't warm enough.

How's your stomach now, Jazz?

• Like 1

Bled the rads to no avail then realised there was a leak at the pump and the pressure was dropping. So whole system has automatically shut down. But engineer is coming tomorrow afternoon and a quick dash got me to the Bargain Buys store which has recently opened in the village.  2 small quartz heaters for a tenner each.

• Like 2

The sun has got his hat on .... it's probably a woolly hat but who cares?  The sky is blue with very few clouds, and the gas engineer is coming this afternoon. Now to clear out the understairs cupboard  so he has space to work on the boiler. Watch out, spiders. 

• Haha 2