UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November wrap up!

Jazz

I just spent ages searching for my laptop. Meant to take it to Currys for overhaul on way to holiday but was running late so hid it away instead. Searched through both storage beds (where a few valuables were hidden among summer clothes) and all drawers. Gave up and decided to tend to fish and houseplants, and as soon as I had stopped thinking about it, the answer sprang to mind. Under the cushions on the kitchen sofa. 

Freezing here today but very sunny so didn't feel too bad if you got in a sunny spot. Should have done some gardening but where I needed to work was in the shade so I couldn't face it lol. Put some pretty new bedding on my bed instead. So far no muddy pawprints on it but that won't last.

My mum loved Jim Reeves Yantan, so I was brought up listening to him. Always makes me feel nostalgic when I hear him singing. Often hear the old guy down the road playing his stuff when I walk past his garage - so yes, you're officially old 🤣 (runs and hides).

Hope you're feeling warmer now Owl.

We're off to the pub for dinner tonight - they do the most gorgeous fish and chips. Haven't been for ages cos of Richard's op but he's feeling brave enough to venture out tonight. His wound still hasn't healed properly, it got infected, but he can walk a bit with just one crutch now and doesn't need the boot anymore.

Hope everyone is keeping warm and feeling as well as they can be.

• Like 1

Eve, no, I don't remember seeing them in the pod. If they are still in Wales they will be in the caravan. The lady will be checking tomorrow.  Rain here is still so bad I don't want to search the car. House still not as warm as I would like. My bedroom is up to 17.8 but living room is 12 and kitchen diner is 10.  Need to get the boiler serviced anyway.

18.3 and rising. My feet are warm at last. Somewhere deep in the cupboard under the stairs is a halogen heater but I will get cold if I go and search for it.  Wispa is glued to the rad in my bedroom.

Edited by owl

I have mine on so it's 69 in the living room, I really feel the cold.  It turns off at 9.30 but comes back on at 6am as Philip gets up then.  I couldn't have it on in the night, I'd get too warm in bed!

It seems to have stopped raining at last, don't think it stopped all day.  Philip said there was some flooding on the road from the M1 to Clay Cross, and some of his colleagues have commented on Facebook that they were aquaplaning on the A38 but managed to keep control.