UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November wrap up!

Jazz

Aw Jazz, not good, hope you feel better soon.

Really pleased you can have your full holiday Owl.

Was nice and sunny here today but very cold. Not done too much but did get to the dump with all that cardboard and a few other bags of stuff so feeling less cluttered lol. Compromised on the green house and bought a mini one - calls itself a grow house. Should be enough for a few seedlings and even a tomato and a cucumber plant. Just have to work out where the best place is to put it permanantly.

Hope everyone is ok and has had a good weekend xx

Nope, Yantan, wet and windy here too. A few spells when it wasn't too bad and I managed to get the dogs out. Horrible again tonight so fire on, wine poured and a sausage plait ready to go in the oven, comfort food for a winter's night lol. It's a bit of an experiment as I've used square slice instead of the usual sausagemeat, so we'll see how it goes.

got somejobs done, and paperwork to send off. dogs treats have been ordered. that sounds great, but visible jobs haven't been done. I hate new gadgets, but must get the new hoover out of the box

have a safe warm day.

Please let us know how you are xxx

Busy, busy Jazz. Glad you're pleased with the new hoover.

Dogs are out on their pack walk so got quite a bit done here too. Been shopping - mostly bird food, spend more on their stuff than I do on my own food lol. Car loaded up for yet another trip to the dump and washing in the machine. Having a 5 minute break before the dogs get back and peace is shattered!

Extreme wind and rain from last night all through today.  Last night some of the caravan electrics packed in. Not the points but the lights and water pump. We had gas heating and cooking so the lady brought me a desk lamp and I filled kettle from outside water tap to see the us through until morning. She said we could move to the all mod cons camping pod but as hail was hammering down we decided to stay put until daylight. This morning we got ourselves safely into the pod which is lovely. We spend today and tonight here then off home. Ladys husband is electrician but working away for a few days.  She checked the fuses but thinks a transformer may have failed.

Yes, hope to leave around 9 am to get home before rain arrives tomorrow evening.  This has been in some ways a strenuous holiday but we did have a lovely quiet if soggy time and are ready to go home and hibernate as much as we can. 

What is  clear is that if I lived here now I would need something with an automatic gearbox.  Non stop clutch work has been hard on my dodgy ankle and the winding roads are not good for the whiplash.  This is no country for old women lol. 

Edited by owl

Not a good start to my day

Philip left for work at 6.55 and five minutes later I started coughing and just couldn't stop. Not a cough from the chest, if you know what I mean, it was as if my throat was clogged. I couldn't breathe as each time I tried to breathe in I coughed and choked. I honestly thought I was going to die! Managed to message Philip to ring me which he did and he rushed back home. It took about 20 mins to stop choking, I was shaking like you wouldn't believe. Now I've gone deaf in my right ear!  

Hope you get home safely Owl and don't get cut off on Thursday.