UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November wrap up!

Jazz

Eve that looks the biz and it's about what we paid for our current crappy one. Let me know how you get on with it!

Good luck Jazz, hope you get some relief with the latest round of injections.

I hope Owl and Wispa had a quiet night last night at their getaway.

Alex seems to have disappeared again :(

Yes we are very quiet here. Fireworks here are usually public displays in the towns. Because there are more animals than people here, and lots of horses, no one wants them running about and getting injured. 

The people who have this place make golden paste and visiting dogs get a complimentary trial pot. After a week on the stuff Wispa is jumping about with no stiffness in legs.  The lady is making some of the human version for me in the hope that it will enable me to keep up with the new improved Wispa. 

• Like 1

She's probably just busy with naughty pups Yantan, I'm sure she'll be back soon.

Hope you can get a stronger injection Jazz.

Dogs are out with the dogwalkers so it's peaceful here at the moment. We're getting new sofas delivered today and the charity shop is picking up the old ones. We were hoping that would all happen when the dogs were out but it's going to be the afternoon. That'll be bedlam then lol.

I am spending some time with my son and family in Edinburgh. Cleo has not heard fireworks as we don't get any- just low flying jets.

There were   fireworks going off all night last night but she was not bothered. She did look at the window at one pint when several went off  one after another but other than that she never stirred.  She even went out in the garden  where she found a hedgehog.

That Shark mop is on sale from Lakeland Plastics for the same price. Lakeland have very good customer service and you can return  things if you aren't happy.

My H2O mop packed up a few weeks ago so I  am  looking for another one and rather fancied the Shark one. Reviews on Lakeland were good.

I made Golden Paste - it is easy and cheaper to make your own- for Murphy to help his arthritis and gave it to Cleo as a preventative due to her cruciate repair. 

The basic recipe is suitable for animals and humans but it gives me the runs.

it was fully researched by a vet who oversees the website https://www.turmericlife.com.au/pages/the-story-of-tug and the very informative facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/415313751866609/

• Like 2

Hi Blackmagic nice to see you post :GroupHug:  It's great Cleo wasn't bothered by the fireworks. 

That's good about the paste for Wispa Owl, hope your version is equally as efficacious.

I popped out in the car to give it a run as I don't go far in it these days and don't want the battery to die! I stopped off at a cashpoint so I have some dosh to pay for my trim next week. When I got back my next door neighbour was in her garden sweeping leaves up so I stopped to chat with her and pet her dog. I wish I hadn't stayed out so long as I now feel numb to the bone with the cold. Brrrr. Gonna have a coffee to warm me through.

got to hospital, met my friend, her husband has been rushed in, doesn't look good. she had forgot her purse in the panic so gave her some money

then saw the arthritis nurse, sorted out my shoulder injections (4th Dec), my wrist op (29 nov) and had a blood test

transport was 2 hours late, so was feeling bad because I hadn't eaten. A lovely lady gave me biscuits and bananas, so managed to wobble to the minibus when it came. she dropped off a man, to the nursing home mother used to work at. its been knocked down and rebuilt, so different, but the pond was  still  there that me and mother used to sit and watch the ducks, so I was in tears

• Like 1

Hope you're feeling better Jazz and the memories were happy ones. Pleased you've got your appointments sorted. Still waiting for the yorkie story lol.

Hope you've warmed up by now Yantan. We've got the fire lit here. Not that cold out but very damp air so it feels colder.

Hope you're enjoying your stay in Edinburgh Blackmagic. I love it there (but don't tell anyone I said so as I'm from the west 😂)

Jazz, are you not supposed to inform the clinic you are diabetic upon arrival? You have to at ours and they provide lunch for the ambulance patients who are delayed...always looks like they are getting a happy meal to me lol

Blackmagic, pleased Cleo was o.k with the fireworks and that you are spending time with your family

I do hope Alex is o.k....the pup could have ate her laptop if her pups like my Laney was.... nothing was safe from his teeth!

Yes do mention you're diabetic to them next time Jazz. When I was in A&E I told them I was and they brought me a choice of sandwiches. They keep them in the department especially for that reason.

Our street is closed to traffic today as they are working on replacing the gas main (I think) We've not been told anything other than having a metal sign propped up at one end of the road. I think we are going to be in for a fair bit of noise judging by the set up. 

Dull and grey here today. I did warm up yesterday but not until I'd cranked the thermosat up on the heating. Feels cold today, that damp chill that goes with overcast skies and drizzle.

Philip took today off so I could take the car to the hospital, I think I'd have been better off with a boat! Saw the Nigerian doctor who is very sweet but such a thick accent I can't understand half of what he says.  He wasn't happy about the lump under my arm, so off I went for an ultrasound.  Turns out to be scar tissue, which I'd hoped it was, and the lumps along my collar bone are erm..something? But nothing worrying.  The biggest might be a lipoma, the little one is gawd knows and the enlarged nodes in my neck are to be expected as I have no lymph nodes in my armpit on that side and they are having to work extra hard.  All in all, it was a relief.  Dr Thingummy said another CT scan in 3 to 4 months, no need for a mammogram until next year.  Right..now if they can just sort my leg and my breathing issues, I'll be happy.

Sounds as if you are getting somewhere too Jazz, glad to hear it.  

• Like 2