UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November wrap up!

Jazz

Boot sale veteran here! Both as a buyer and seller. We were having a clear out at our old house over 20 years ago and had a big pile to go to the tip. A friend saw it and told us we couldn't throw it all out and why not try selling it. So early one Sunday morning we set off for one of the largest boot sales in this area at Silloth airfield. We sold £180 worth whilst we were still setting up with the early bargain hunters and by the end of the day we'd taken in excess of £300.

I also paid £5 at another boot sale for a set of Nat West piggy banks which were given away by the bank as a reward for opening various accounts. About 10 or 12 years later I sold them on eBay for £175.

Maisie sounds like she was a lovely old girl Eve. Good for you for giving an oldie a home 👍

No snorkel or waders but all ok in the hills except for run off pouring down. Fridge stocked up for week so can avoid Lampeter.  Today I am a very happy owl as a 14 year old sheltie who we tracked seven weeks ago was picked up and reunited. She went missing during a house burglary and we got scent for a short distance down road then nothing. I was worried she had gone into a drainage dyke. Turns out the burglars must have picked her up. Found wandering miles away in middle of night by kind people.

• Like 2

Raining here, just for a change.  

Jazz, eyesight can deteriorate very quickly, surely you can be seen sooner than January?  When Philip first had eye problems the optician referred him directly to the local eye clinic at the hospital.

I have a sinking feeling that the part of the tumour under my arm that she couldn't remove due to it's proximity to a large blood vessel is growing, I can feel something that wasn't there before.  I suppose I'd better mention it when I go to the clinic on Thursday about my odd lumps on the collar bone. Oh this cancer lark is such fun....I can see why they say cancer, the gift that keeps on giving!  I bet they'll say radiotherapy, and as before I'll say thanks but no thanks.  

Everything crossed for no tumours Suzeanna xx

Hope your eye problem can be fixed Jazz.

Was lovely here this morning, bit overcast now. Spent most of today vacuuming and mopping filthy floors. Does anyone have a steam mop that they'd recommend? I had one a few years back but it was rubbish, can't remember what make it was though.

Good thinking Yantan. I ordered this

https://sharksteam.co.uk/?promoproduct=01&&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=D2C MS SEARCH | EM | www.sharksteam.co.uk&utm_term=sharksteammops&utm_content=BRAND Shark Steam Mop | EM&gclid=CLfAi8HU0-UCFRHzGwodq-sByw&gclsrc=ds

I'll let you know how I get on with it.

After saying our lot aren't bothered by fireworks, Nick suddenly decided tonight he is. Radio up loud and game with squeaky toy has distracted him a bit but he's panting like mad and very distressed. Hope it doesn't go on too long. Honey and Cooper still not bothered thank goodness.

• Like 1