UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Long time no speak

merledogs

Hi all, not been on here for yonks.  Hope you're all well.  I've not had a great year so far, having lost Beau (16), Timmy (15) and yesterday Taffy at the ripe old age of 17, as well as my 21 year old cat, Kinky, all since January 😪  I do have two youngsters now - 14 month old Jac, who I adopted in April and 4 month old 😮 Lily, adopted a couple of weeks ago as a playmate for Jac.  It's been a real shock having youngsters running about the place, but does me good to be able to go on long walks again.

Jac ...

jac2 (2).jpg

• Like 1

Alex!!!! So good to hear from you mate :bigsmiley: I was just thinking about you the other day.

I am so sorry though to hear of your losses :mecry: especially Taffy yesterday. But what a great age he got too :wub: 

Welcome to Jac and Lily although I cannot see Lil's pictures. 

What have you been doing with yourself since we last saw you here?

I lost Archie in May aged 16. He had dementia at the end. No pets at all in our house now and though it's awful neither Ruby or I are ready for more.

Here she is 😍

Her mum's a border collie.  She was born in rescue, got rehomed, returned and then rehomed to me.  Don't know what her dad is, but suspect some sort of lurchery type.

Marion I'm sorry to hear about Archie 🙁  Not really been up to anything exciting, same old, same old.  Now that Taffy's gone I am planning to go to New Zealand for Christmas 2020, so will start planning that soon.  I always promised my cousin I'd go visit her once the oldies were no longer with me.

Hi Griff and Eve 😊

71517367_10220811307456488_821976935667073024_n.jpg

71857248_10220811920751820_6154331214795767808_n.jpg

• Like 1

Not sure where I'm going to leave the mutts yet. My friend at work has offered to look after Jac but they haven't had a dog before so I wouldn't be comfortable as they have a 4 year old and he does mouth sometimes.  There is a dog hotel which has been recommended to me so may try that.

Ooooh I like the sound of the dog hotel. Thankfully there are more options these days than just boarding kennels.  Archie used to go and stop with our lovely dog walker as part of her family. He had a wonderful time there and I think he secretly hoped we wouldn't show up to collct him :laughingsmiley:

Hi Alex, how good to hear from you! Tough to lose all your oldies so close together. 

New dogs are lovely. Lily definitely looks a bit lurchery.

Can't remember the last time you were here so not sure what you remember about me,  but I am now living in north Notts with Wispa who is coming up to 13 years old, and has mostly retired after a hectic 11 years tracking missing dogs. She still does a bit of tracking in fields and woods locally, but her hips have some wear and tear, so she is banned from pounding the pavement on vet's orders. She is still a temperamental madam and a handful.

Polly puli left us at end of 2011 at age of 16 1/2.

I am a volunteer wildlife warden on a huge wetlands reserve near Retford, which I enjoy very much. 

Oops, only just saw this! Sorry for your losses..can't remember when you were last here, but we lost Dylan our lurcher 4 years ago, and our cav Rosie three years ago, now have a rescue black cocker spaniel called Candy.

Your new babies are gorgeous, no way I could start again with pups though, I'm too old and not healthy enough!