UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October. It really is!

Jazz

Seems like the weather is going to be bad for some today. I hope no one here gets the flooding they are forecasting. For a change we aren't in the warning area.

We've booked to go to London for a couple of days in November, specifically to see Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park but whatever else takes our fancy. We've also treated ourselves to 1st class train travel. One time we were coming back in 1st class after I'd bought a plastic tiara for Evie from the Tower Of London gift shop. Ruby was heaving my case onto the overhead luggage store when I said "oi watch me tiara" which got me some looks from fellow passengers :ohno02::laughingsmiley:

• Haha 3

Glad to hear that, Owl.  Saw a different doctor today (never the same one twice!) little Indian lady.  She said my blood pressure is too low, a  dodgy lump in my neck which has spawned a couple of infant lumps is nothing to worry about (hope she's right!) and the problems with my leg could well be down to one of my bp tablets, so stop taking that one but double the dose of the other one.  She did say that this sort of thing is to be expected as the body ages...gee thanks dear.  She suggested I take up Pilates or yoga or tai chi...and swimming. None of which particularly appeals, especially not the swimming, unless it's in the Aegean in the summer! 

That sounds much better Owl.

Suzeanna when I first went on BP medication the tablets I took gave me awful cramps in my legs so I had to change to something else. Now Ruby has to be on them she got the same one's I started on and is fine on them.

I've just booked us to see a musical at the Dominion Theatre - White Christmas. I hope it's as good as the film! 

I love the dominion theatre. that's where we will rock you was, with the giant statue of Freddie mercury outside. its right there as you get off the tube

assessor has been. did the tricks I was ready for, coughing, till I asked if he wanted to get himself a drink, coughing stopped. He didn't get me jumping up and running to the kitchen. asked to use the bathroom at the end, that's so they see if you have the adaptions you said. ill hear in 6 to 8 weeks. we know that will be just before Christmas …. im ready for a fight

I have sent a small parcel to Evie and Tristan with some vegan sweeties & chocolate in it. It should keep them going for weeks! Anyway to send it with the Royal Mail would have cost me £3.00 2nd class and a trip to either the post office or the sorting office to drop it off. For £3.45 Hermes has been and picked it up and will deliver it tomorrow. Better start pulling your socks up Royal Mail!

Hermes will deliver here but not pick up parcels or accept returns. So Royal Mail my only option.

What's the assessment for Jazz - your disability allowance? (or whatever it's called these days). Sounds like they try to trick you out of getting them. Glad you knew what to expect.

How far away do you have to release the mice Owl so they don't just return 'home'?

Been another gorgeous day here but it's really chilly out tonight. Had to take Richard to Glasgow to see his consultant this evening, 3-4 hour round trip and really inconvenient timing for us dog wise, so our dog sitter came round to give them their dinner, let them out in the garden and keep them company for a bit. We stopped for fish and chips on the way home which was a nice change ☺️. Ankle seems to be healing nicely and he's been cleared to drive my car as it's an automatic with roomy footspace so he can take himself to his own appointments now - yay lol.

Have a peaceful rest of the evening and love to all.

• Like 1

Good job you've got a good dog sitter Eve. Good news on Richard's ankle. Now don't let him start overdoing it so he undoes the healing.

Does Hermes not have a drop off point near you? Its usually a petrol station or local shop. When you take them there it also costs less as the pick-up from your home is 80p. 

We had a little bit of frost through the night and when I got up at 7.15am everything was foggy. I love that. It's very Dickensian.

I hope Owl has had a decent nights kip.

What's everyone up to today?

its foggy and frosty here today. I have to get this letter to the GP. should have been last week. 

yes its for my benefits. they have changed them again to hope people give up. Its all ive got coming in so ill be fighting if needed

just staffies this week on the poundie list

get a bit more cleaning done. sofa covers are on the line. 

love and hugs to all. be safe out there xx

Bright and sunny here, shining for us on our wedding anniversary! 27 years...the time has shot by.  Can't say it's been all plain sailing, but far more ups than downs and a steadfast man who has stuck to me through all my various ailments, mostly uncomplainingly.  We are doing boring household stuff today but going out for an Italian meal tonight, and he's off work from today until next Tuesday. 

• Like 2