UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October. It really is!

Jazz

Steady on Jazz! 😂😂

I've just had my brother here with his daughter. He's my full brother but was adopted as a baby so has a different surname to me and my other full brother. They are here because it was our biological father's funeral yesterday. I declined to go.

Anyway when he was last here last year he'd just had a kidney out and the following week Ruby was diagnosed with renal cancer.

This time he was telling me he's been diagnosed with emphysema. I told him I hope I don't get diagnosed with it but if I do he's a Jonah!

He's got himself an electric cycle so he can exercise but switch to the powered mode when he starts running out of puff or hits a hill. I'm wondering if one would be good for me! 

I was going through the family tree with him and my niece as they are both very interested in the family history - unlike the rest of them! 

Bloody cold here. It has been all day but as the daylight fades it's got even colder. Brrrr.

• Like 1

Well don't be Jazz, think of the money you'll waste!

Has your GP ever mentioned that, Yantan? I would have thought it was easy to diagnose, so if they haven't, you're ok.  Fingers crossed!

We've come to the conclusion we have a special needs hamster.  He has a little house, but he comes out of it in the evening then tucks himself behind it so he's squashed in, staring at the wall! I keep annoying him by taking it away and cleaning it out. It comes into two pieces and it's plastic so it's easy to get out all his nicely stored food that he's peed all over.  I'd forgotten something last night after we went to bed and when I went into the living room he was in his exercise wheel, but he froze like a statue when he realised he wasn't alone.  He does like me when I give him chocolate drops though.

• Haha 1

Everything pretty well sorted for tomorrow. Water change done for fish, and friend who will be popping into feed them has just been to get instructions. She is experienced with tropicals so should be OK. Everything packed. Trying not to flap about/panic. People go on hols every day,  sometimes they even go abroad (eek!) so why do I feel as if I am going to the moon or something?  Silly owl. 

Aw, only natural Owl. Hope you have a wonderful holiday. After years of going back and forth between France and the UK I'm happy not to go on holiday for a while. Need to go down to Eastbourne at some point but as Richard's ankle isn't healing as fast as it should it may be some time.

Been lovely here today, frost start then sunny all day. Meant to be same again tomorrow so I think I'll take the dogs up the glen.

Which bit isn't healing well Eve? Skin or bone, skin I use manuka honey and I think comfrey is good for bone ( it's nickname is bone knit I think) a really old chap on the bus was telling me years and years ago about comfrey, was telling me about a really bad break he had and it wouldn't heal and he swore after he used comfrey compresses the healing began..no idea if it's true but guess it couldn't hurt

Owl, have a safe journey and it will be worth it when you get there, hope you have a really lovely time

Lol.. Suzeanna, your hamster is funny

Jazz, pleased you enjoyed your takeaway

Ooooo, I hope you dodge the curse of your brother's visits Yantan

When our dobe broke both her back legs the vet said she'd have one shorter than the other. We gave them comfrey tablets to give her whilst she was with them and her legs healed perfectly. They were so impressed they got a stock of comfrey in for other patients. Don't think you can get tablets any more though.