UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October. It really is!

Jazz

At least she's not sitting in it Owl which is what Stanley used to do. Is she a good traveller?

Happy birthday Kevin & Hugo. Hope you enjoyed your lovely dinner.

Did you have a good time at the Gretna Gateway Yantan? I haven't been there yet though I pass it every time I go back and forth to Eastbourne. Maybe I'll venture in there on my next trip.

Nice Jazz. I hope they enjoy/ed it ❤

Yes we enjoyed the Gateway until they started playing loud music for a circus skills demo for the kids. Its dog friendly, we used to take the boys but they would not have appreciated that row.

Around the same time the music started up I had a sudden drop in my energy levels and I started to get breathless so we called it a day at that point. We had already bought a load of stuff and got some brilliant bargains in the Mark's & Sparks outlet which aren't available in their high street stores.

When did the October half term spread across 4 weeks? It was half-term here last week but judging from the amount of cars choking our streets it's obviously this week for some areas. We were busy the week before last too and a friend in Worcestershire tells me her kids aren't off until next week! 

Eve, Wispa is a very noisy traveller! I have shooter's earplugs which take the edge off the racket. She is not too bad on the motorway or any dual carriageway as there are too many vehicles to bark at so she goes to sleep, but no doubt she will provide a commentary along all the other roads. 

• Haha 2

Owl, does Wispa just look out of the side windows and bark? If so, can you put some sort of sun shade thingy  over them so she can't see so much? Our late dobe Saphyre was a nightmare in the car, she barked at lorries, cyclists, other dogs..anything really!

Glad you enjoyed your day Yantan, shame the breath didn't hold out so well.  How is Ruby's back now?

Happy Birthday Kevin and Hugo, sounds as if you've been thoroughly spoiled.

Honey & Cooper used to sing and bark on journeys too. Did my head in lol. They weren't too bad on motorways though but drive under 50mph and they started up again. Coopers pet hate was motorbikes coming up behind us.

Glad you had a good shopping trip Yantan and got lots of bargains. Can't imagine taking my lot to a shopping outlet, however dog friendly they claim to be. Bet they're not lungy, barky, hooligan friendly lol.

Awwww happy birthday boys

I don't even own a suitcase!!

Yantan I am not sure what this gretna gateway is..I shall Google but pleased you had a good time until the music and poorliness

Welllll I ventured out tonight, didn't feel like it at all and said so this morning but my mum made me go, I didn't understand why until I got to the pub....my friends had arranged a little party thing! I had cakes and banners and I have presents I didn't buy a drink and although stone cold sober...I had a wonderful time, such kind and lovely people

• Like 2

glad you had a good night. happy birthday xxxxxxx

they have all finished off the hot dogs for breakfast with their natural yoghurt and cranberry sauce

everywhere is iced this morning. the car owners had a shock

have a safe warm day. let us know you are ok xxxxxxx

• Like 1

Good on your mates Griff for making your 40th memorable. I'm just sorry you didn't get to celebrate in style thanks to the lurgy.

It's rather foggy here this morning although that will soon disappear. We might be set for a good day after that.

Ruby's back is much improved. She finds it keeping on the move helps greatly. She was desk bound on Friday and it did play up as a result. She's working part time from this week onwards - only 4 days instead of 4.5 days but it does give her a 3 day weekend.

Owl I think you should video some of your journey to Wales so we can get the full Wispa experience 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Griff, a belated Happy Birthday, sorry I didn't realise! Can you be like the Queen, and have two birthdays so you can live it up more when you are feeling better?

Philip had to scrape the ice off the car this morning, by the time he got in it to go to work, it had frozen again!  Our fridge in the kitchen gave up yesterday evening, big pool of water on the floor.  I moved everything in it into the fridge freezer in the utility, then this morning I was fiddling about with the temp control and it started up again.  Worked for about half an hour then stopped.  It's only 16 plus years old, honestly nothing lasts these days! Seriously, would it be fixable, or better to look for a new one? It's built in, and they aren't cheap.

Suzeanna... birthday hasn't been yet!!

As for the fridge, could you get a repairman out? They are usually good on your local Facebook page for telling you who is recommended and the repairmen will usually tell you if it's better to repair or scrap

Oops sorry! thought it was odd that no one had been congratulating you, Griff.  Put it down to my advancing years!

I phoned a repair shop earlier, got an answering machine and waiting for a call back re the fridge.  Blessed thing is working ok now, I'm definitely confused.