UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October. It really is!

Jazz

Poor you Griff! I'm phobic about vomiting, I dread the thought. Apparently it doesn't matter if you wash your hands in hot or cold water it's the soap and how long you do it for.  Two chorus of Happy Birthday, according to doctors. Hope you are feeling better now. 

The most usual places to pick up bugs are hospital toilets (door handles) and supermarket trollies apparently..oh and buses, the rails and stop buttons. If you really want to be labelled a weirdo, even a healthy one, carry a pack of those Dettol wipes which kill 99% of germs.  Just hope the 1% doesn't get you! When I leave a loo at the hospital I open the outside door by the very top of the hand grip, reasoning that most people grab it in the  middle.  Bugs can't climb...can they?

Hope you recover soon, Griff. 

Village firework display last night, but the wind was so loud that I decided to take a chance and hope Wispa wouldn't hear if I turned TV up, now that she has gone slightly hard of hearing.  Didn't feel like leaving warm house to go and spending an hour or two at Blyth services on A1 which is our safe place. We got away with it! Wispa did pick up the vibrations but came to join me under a blanket on sofa which she only does if fireworks are around.  She dozed off while I watched a very good programme on BBC2 about weasels and stoats. Worth watching on iPlayer if you missed it. I was amazed to see a mother stoat chasing owls off their perches when her babies were hunting in the grass below. 

Suzeanna, I used to think Steve was a weirdo because he always has tissue in his pocket or car for opening doors....also he opens doors high up too but I now think he is right

Pleased you got away with the fireworks!

Diwali tonight, my neighbour has just been round with samosas and Indian sweets..so kind of her, really annoyed that I feel poorly now

Edited by griff

We are off to the Gretna Gateway shortly. My first outing since the hospital day so hope I manage the walk round.

At least you'll get those appointments over all in the same week Suzeanna instead of having to trail off for them every now and then. Good luck, you know we will be rooting for you 👍

• Like 2