UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October. It really is!

Jazz

Good for your mum for sticking up for you.

What a horrific situation re Alan.  I really don't know what to say.  I know alcoholism is a disease but have run out of sympathy for those who ruin the lives of others through it, and every respect for people who get themselves out of the addiction.

Did an emergency transport relay run of 145 miles today on M1, M18 and A1 then took Wispa out on the reserve. I am falling asleep at the tea table like the Dormouse, but am confident that I can make the 200 miles to Wales at end of month. Very little motorway driving to Wales and I can take several breaks. Today I had to hook up with the other transporters so was working to time. 

• Like 3

that was like our transport run. we looked at the time in the evening. the next morning before we went it had gone to 2 hours, forgot we had to come home. lewis wasn't too impressed, but they  are worth it. rescue might have a home for them

Glad your mum is on your side Griff. She suffers the bad side of him too. Just 😲 about your family tragedy. Don't know how else to respond to that.

Sounds like you're getting there with the fosters Jazz. So pleased they're coming out of their shells.

Thanks for explaining the sats Yantan. As Suzeanna asked, how do you measure them at home?

Eve, nothing to say really.... it will come out what happened and I really hope people haven't decided she's guilty...I haven't...I don't really know them but there's generally a reason for things happening

That's really lovely jazz

Owl, rest up as best you can and you are right.... driving to Wales can be at your own pace

Went to bed and slept for over 2 hours, just got up to let Wispa out and have a cuppa. Then back to bed for more sleep.

Fosters didn't take long, Jazz. Yes, your lot are so good with them.

The dog I took to rescue, young collie x GSD x possibly whippet, already has someone coming to meet her who may want to adopt. She won't be hard to place but needs a very active person or family who will spend time training and find some activity for her to do. Live wire, super bright, mad about scents, a bit dizzy.  She went all the way from Worcs to Pateley Bridge in the hills north of Harrogate today.  Excellent traveller.

• Like 1

We saw Phoebe and Wispa on Lost and Found this morning 🐕

Bloke who was brought up in my house was convicted on Friday of murder after bludgeoning his wife to death. She was a nasty piece of work by all accounts and abused him physically and mentally. His downfall was that he tried to cover it up. Even her own mother spoke up for him in court, saying that he was an angel for putting up with her. If it was a woman killing an abusive man I wonder whether it would have been viewed differently.

• Like 1

Morning all.  I have finally recovered from my Cornwall trip 😂😂.  Been busy in work at the moment so I seem to be coming home and just sitting doing nothing and just 'zoning out'.  How are you all coping with the rain with your babies, it is nigh on impossible to get Stanley out for a walk, yesterday I had to shout at him to get him out  🙁 And I felt so awful and guilty about it for hours after, I so hate upsetting him. It's another glum day here in South Wales so more dog wrangling to come 🙄

Morning all. Feeling much better this morning thank goodness.

Loobie my George hated going out for a loo break or walk in the rain unless he had his coat on. When it came to loo breaks in the garden he still refused to budge until I held an umbrella over him as well. The things we do for our dogs! 

For those asking how I measure my sats - I have an app on my phone which works with the phone's fingerprint technology sensor. It's always been on my phone but I've never thought to use it until a doctor told me about it in the hospital tuther day. I can monitor myself and pass the readings onto my GP whilst my recovery is being monitored. 

• Like 1

have you got a new phone that can do that? that would save me trying to get to the doctors

that's why it has to be the right dog that lives here. Mine know how to treat a foster, whatever they are like. 

ooo this tooth! ill be onto the dentist tomorrow

4 hours ago, merledogs said:

We saw Phoebe and Wispa on Lost and Found this morning 🐕

Ooh I missed that. Was that us tracking along the canal? They edited out the bit where a swan had a go at Wispa and there was a bit of a rumpus and some X-rated language from all of us. I nearly ended up in the canal.  

Sorry to hear about that man, Alex.  People put up with awful stuff for years and then snap.  Women can be just as abusive and horrible as men can.