UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October. It really is!

Jazz

I say he doesn't want to be seen with me as when he is at work he doesn't want to meet me on his break. I am not a minger, well I don't think I am and am not short of male attention... just makes me feel like he doesn't like to be seen with me...he says it's not that

Awwww poor little daisy, maybe a bit confused

Owl pleased the chiropractor was o.k

Alex, Kota was like that....took me 4 months to house train her as I used puppy pads...not a brilliant idea

Yantan I hope you are feeling much better now

I can confirm you are no minger Griff, quite the opposite. And Steve is far too complex a person for it to be as simple as not wanting to be seen with you. Think of him as a rescue dog, where you don't know the full background, and with many issues that need worked through gradually. Which you're doing brilliantly.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Morning all. Lil what are you like! Hopefully Alex it will suddenly click with her.ย 

Sats down to 89 this morning first thing. Was gasping for breath, couldn't talk and was trying to mime to Ruby to bring an inhaler. Sats starting to climb now and I'm following theย breathing technique they were getting me to do in hospital.

Sats is short for saturation, in this case it's a measure of the oxygen in your blood supply. We should all be at 100 %. Anything less than 95% can be cause for concern and cause breathing problems. However as you age and particularly if you suffer from respiratory problems yourย sats can & do go down but your body adjusts so a lower percentage becomes your new normal. Also all sorts of things cause your sats to fall - stress for instance, exercise etc. and that's normal. It only becomes a problem if it doesn't return to 100. This is from what I gleaned in hospital about it - I'm no expert by any means!

ย 

• Sad 1

How do you check your sats at home? In hospital they put a sensor on your finger, don't they? They weren't going to let me home after one op as my sats were too low, but I did deep breathing for five minutes and they checked again and it was ok.ย  Is there anything in your environment, apart from your cough that could be making you worse? Anyone burning a bonfire, or coal fires?

Just had flowers delivered with a note saying sorry love dad.

Don't know if I said here but I had to talk to him Thursday night...his sister messaged me, his cousin died the 21st...we already knew about it but we were told he had passed out and fallen, it was in their local paper...turns out a woman and man were arrested on suspicion of manslaughter....the woman is his wife!!! The man.....the lodger. We didn't know Alan well, he was an alcoholic in the past who lost everything...his home, business but his wife always stuck by him, the family are instantly blaming her but think that perhaps if he was still drinking one of them just pushed him to get him away and he fell, I told my aunty that manslaughter means you didn't set out with the intention to kill but her answer was...he is still dead! I don't know the lady but I can't see she would suddenly after all these years decide to get rid of him by killing him and he was a big bloke too so I think he was drunk

• Sad 1