UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October. It really is!

Jazz

It wasn't too bad Eve.  We had three big ones..dobes...the others were Pomeranians and papillons, we didn't start with that many but they sort of expanded.  We used to show, and we collected rescues along the way.  Where we lived then we had a huge back garden, nearly an acre so the little dogs used to race round there, we took the big ones out for walks and a couple of the littlies tagged along.  We had a public footpath at the end of the garden which went up through woods to fields, perfect walking area.

• Like 1

The village forum today is full of complaints about our surgery, mainly about one of the doctors who is very rude and reduces people to tears, on the rare occasion she sees them. Usually she prescribes over the phone or tells them to get something from the pharmacist, and also tells them to get their blood pressure checked there. Pharmacist is not happy, especially as one patient was a 3 month old baby with a serious ear infection who needed urgent medical treatment.  She has also prescribed drugs over the phone which are contraindicated for that particular patient, either because of age or for other reasons. The other doctors are OK, though there seems to be an issue with mental health and depression problems particularly among young people which the surgery does not take seriously enough.

• Confused 1

Get well soon Marion :hug:

My favourite doctor is an elderly gent.  I love him because he says it like it is.  Last time I was there he told me I needed to lost a few stone.  I said I needed to lose more than that.  He told me I should aim lower cos I was never gonna be a waif 🤣 

• Haha 1

Lily (aka ratbag) chewed through the phone extension cable attached to the broadband box for the second time in a week yesterday, so I ordered another one which arrived today and this time I tacked it to the skirting board. She's only bloody pulled it loose and chewed through it again ☹ I've ordered another one but also some cable protector to cover it with.  Hate poopies.

Hope they do let you out Marion.  I remember on our first wedding anniversary we were meant to be going away for a long weekend, two days before it Philip had a mega asthma attack and landed in hospital for four days.  Hopefully in future if you ring the doc and say you need an urgent appointment, you'll get one!

• Like 1

If they want you to stay...you need to, they boot you out if you don't need the bed so if they are saying to stay there...stay put!

Merledogs, I got scotch bonnet peppers and rubbed it on what they chewed ( so long as it's not likely to be near eyes) and it stopped quickly lol