UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October. It really is!

Jazz

I'd like to take people's animals in to foster for them whilst they are ill.

I hope you are feeling OK this morning Griff? No more fisticuffs either! Your father would have got on well with mine!

What a bloody job to get a doctors appointment. I am having breathing problems alongside this cough and it's become markedly worse since Tues night. I called the medical centre yesterday as the first online appointment wasn't available until the 22nd.

The receptionist didn't offer me one any sooner. She could hear my problematic breathing and wheezing and told me I needed to be seen soon as.

However instead of offering me a "sit & wait" appointment yesterday where they squeeze you in between regular appointments she told me to download the MyGP app to my phone - well I already have it but what if I didn't have a smartphone? Then I had to log in this morning at 7.15 when the system released "spare appointments". 

Well I got one at 9.20 this morning but with a doctor I don't care for. The last time I saw her I told her not to bother and I'd make another appointment to see my own doctor and got up and walked out.

I'll let you know what happens later!

Hope this appointment goes better, Yantan. 

Very lucky with my practice as the nurses deal with most things and it is relatively easy to see them. I have never even  met my doctor. This doesn't suit everyone but I am happy with it.

Hope things go o.k Marion! Do you have a walk in centre?? Maybe a trip there if things don't go well

Nah ...not seen or spoken to my dad, not interested in anything he has to say

Meeting cousin today, should have been 12.30...now 1.30, hope she turns up

Lily loves telly, especially if it features dogs 🥰 Her fave is Lost and Found.

Maz tell the receptionist if the doctor cant see you, you'll have to go to A&E. It costs my doctors £60 every time a patient of theirs goes to the hospital, so they are very keen to avoid that.

We had a lovely long walk. Lil's recall is coming along brilliantly and 80% of the time she races back to me when I call her, but is she's interacting with another dog I might as well be shouting at the moon.

Edited by merledogs
  • Like 3

Hope you got some sensible help Yantan.   My daughter saw a doctor today and was told she needs a blood test ..first appointment to get one is three weeks time! Trying to even get through on the phone to our surgery is nigh on impossible.

Kelly, I'm shocked your dad isn't more sympathetic to you with your illness, but not really that surprised.  I belong to a forum for stage 4 cancer sufferers, and some of the stories that they tell of their husband/partners attitudes to them is heartbreaking.  I'm sure there are times Philip feels impatient because my energy levels just go and I can't do what I used to, especially since my blasted leg has given up on me, but he never shows it.  I did manage to mow most of the lawn just now though, had to stop as it was starting to rain.  Well, there was one raindrop but there is a big black cloud coming.

Alex, that's great about the recall.  Our late cav Rosie never did learn to come back, even when Dylan did she wouldn't.  Candy is a dream, one shout and she's by your side.  Mind you, apart from in the garden, she hasn't seen a squirrel when she's offlead, that might be a different story.

How many dogs is this now, Jazz? Most we ever had at once was 14, you can't have caught up yet...can you?

Edited by suzeanna
  • Like 1

6 here. ive had 9 at the most.im pacing myself

ive just been mugged! sat sitting here. merlin wanting a love to my right. hugo with a strange look on my left. kevin has his nose in my pocket, had all the treats that were there for the fosters. sod

• Haha 1

How did your doctors appointment go Yantan?

Hope the fosters are settling in Jazz. Is it just respite fostering for them or are they going to be rehomed?

How's things Griff? Can't believe how your dad behaved to you and your mum.

14 dogs Suzeanna! I can barely cope with three. How on earth did you manage?

Pleased Wispa's manicure went without any problems.

Sounds like Lily's a bright wee thing Alex. Great she's so sociable with other dogs too even if it distracts her from her recall lol.

Wet and miserable here this afternoon. Least it was dry and sunny this morning for the dog walks.

• Like 1