UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October. It really is!

Jazz

I'll tell you what gets right up my nose when they say it and many BBC presenters and reporters are just as guilty of it as others from various tv companies.  Drawring for drawing.  I've also had to stop watching the Good Food channel because one of the regular presenters calls it to "The Guu food channel" :banghead:

Disgusted of Keswick

My aghh ones are saying quick or brilliant when it should be quickly and brilliantly...also off of.  It's just off! Oh, and anythink instead of anything.  My old English teacher must be spinning in her grave! I remember her throwing essays back at anyone who used the word nice..she said there are dozens of descriptive words, don't be so lazy.

Yantan, if your half brothers want their dad buried can't they just pay for a separate grave? Why on earth should he be buried with your mother?  I used to wish I had siblings but after reading some of the bother that families can cause, I suppose I should be grateful it's just me! Mind you, I said to my daughter than when I pop my socks it's going to be a direct to crem affair, no service and she got quite huffy about it.  Maybe when I know I'm on my way out I should just get to the coast and do a Reggie Perrin, save a lot of aggro.

• Like 2

Suzeanna...my dad did he same...got all arsey about me just wanting cremation and a shroud, why do I want all his family crawling out the woodwork? I would much rather my parents, brother and Steve go have dinner and then all my mates join them and get hammered, they are my true family... just because I am not blood doesn't mean anything to me, infarct, most have been more like family to me than my own family

• Like 1

You did well to do all that when fee;ling sick, Griff. Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. Still no signs of geezer-ishness. No stubble appearing on chin. No desire to assemble complicated equipment without reading the instructions first.  

Wispa's pedicure went very well indeed.  Lots of treats and cuddles from auntie Charlotte, who allowed her to inspect and sniff the whole salon first. 3 paws done ok but at the 4th there was resistance and growling, so she had a face basket put on which she didn't seem to mind. 4th paw done quickly, muzzled removed and more treats and cuddles. Charlotte says she should have them done every 6 weeks, as because her claws are black you can't see the quick so they were only trimmed a little bit. Apparently the capillaries recede as the claws are trimmed, so if she keeps having them done a little bit more at 6 weekly intervals we can get them much shorter.

• Like 2

I don't feel too bad at the minute however there's just been an almighty row between my parents and me, basically my dad is a vile individual...apple doesn't fall far from the tree! He has grabbed me by the hair and shoulders and then went for my mum so I ended up punching and kicking him and to get him away from my mum I ended up grabbing my baseball bat. I have thrown a mug of coffee over him, basically he has called me lazy and fat. I am ill not lazy, I am 10 stone and between yesterday and today this is what I have done

Washed up twice

Made dinner

Cleaned the kitchen cabinets

Hoovered

Done my washing and cleaned the washing machine drawer and washing machine. Couldn't tell you the last time he used a hoover and has never cleaned the bathroom. I don't think I do too bad considering what's wrong with me....I have deleted my number out of his phone and I don't care if I never speak to him again..now to try and find somewhere to live with 2 dogs and no money lol

• Sad 5

Yes...he has done it before, don't get me wrong, I am not innocent by any stretch but I would never call someone with a serious illness lazy!! I know tomorrow he will be trying to call to apologize..I don't want to hear it and he won't be able to call me as his number is blocked