UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October. It really is!

Jazz

Been raining here all morning too. Quite windy as well. Got Cooper out for a short walk but Nick and Honey flatly refused to go out lol. It's meant to dry up this afternoon so I'll take them out then if it does. We're all snuggled on the sofa for now. Richard's gone to Glasgow again for another hospital appointment so it's all peaceful here 😁

Pleased you had a good night out Griff, how's the head this morning?

Hope you get your visit from your son and grandson Jazz and your day gets better. Oh, and that you find the pressies lol.

I was going to say hope the puppies give you some peace today Alex but that's not very likely is it 😂. So I hope their antics make you laugh and cheer you up. Btw - are you still queen of the rhodos?

Can't put it off any longer so I'd best go and clean the kitchen and do a few bits of housework. Speak later xx

I've had an awful cough for about a week now. As soon as I try to do stuff that involves some physical exertion I get really breathless. It's a great  excuse for not doing the housework! :laughingsmiley:

Have you found the pressies Jazz?  If anything went missing when George was here I'd only to look in his bed to find the item buried under the mattress and blankies. He hardly ever used the bed to lie in preferring to keep his treasures hidden in it :wub:

Been to the vets with Lil, who was delighted with all the attention :wub:  Vet said that, whilst there are some circumstances where they might recommend spaying after the first season, in Lil's case there's no reason why it can't be done before.  She suggested 5 months onwards so Lil's booked in for 4th November.

We went into the Vets' shop and ended up buying even more toys, although not everything that Lil pulled off the shelves as we made our way round :laugh: They both got some treats as well.  I really wasn't sure Jac would take to her initially, but they're like a little happy team now :wub:. Jac still has his moments with her as she's still pushing his boundaries, but I think he luffs her a little bit :wub:

Hope you feel better soon Maz :flowers:

Edited by merledogs
  • Like 2

That's good Alex and it's good Lily is positive over her vet visits. Good boy Jac for accepting his little sis :wub:  I'm sure George would rather have not had Archie introduced to his life but they developed a bond and would steam in to defend each other if another dog or dogs were bothering them. Archie also knew when George was going to have a seizure and let me know so I could make sure George didn't hurt himself as the seizure took hold.

Aw that's nice Jazz that Dylan loved his pressies.

• Like 1

Pleased your grandson loved his presents Jazz.

Merle dogs, it's so much easier having a dog who doesn't mind the vets

Eve.... hope Richards appointment went well

Yantan... have you spoken to the Dr about the cough?? 

Well, my head is o.k...i  was chatting with a Friend of a friend, turns out the guy has cancer, we have quite a bit in common and I know most would run a mile but he is lovely with me....I have asked Rob to pass my number to him so he always has someone to talk to if he wants. I got a message back from Rob late on and was asleep, so I messaged him back early hours this morning....I did not however expect to get a photo of his bits lol, I have known him 26 years and won't fall out with him over something so silly... good job I have a great sense of humour

Then if that's not traumatic enough....I find out my consultant is leaving...the man saved my life and is incredibly special to me so very very gutted

• Haha 2

How sad about your consultant leaving. Hope his replacement is good.

What is this thing about guys sending photos of their bits? Seems to be happening all over the place. How do they expect us to react? Half the human race has them. Why would anyone be interested? It seems rather sad.  Or is that just me being not very heterosexual? 

Good walk today in the brief dry period between persistent rain.

Wispa is having her claws clipped on Weds, first time ever. That is going to be fun ...

I don't think male bits are particularly attractive, but I did feel very sorry for one native  who has a medical condition which has made his b*lls grow so large he literally has to push them in a wheelbarrow! I suppose if a man isn't very intelligent or amusing, the size of his dong is all he has to feel proud about!

Philip had today off, so he's got Candy out for walks inbetween showers.  He's grumpy at the moment as he doesn't want to go back to work tomorrow, but since bills need paying and we haven't won the lottery, he's not got much choice.

Shame about your consultant, Griff.  I can't keep up with oncologists, never have the same one twice and as for GP's, well....it's a miracle if you see one you recognise.

I have no clue why they like to send photos and when he asked for photos of me..well it ended In off lol. He is a really lovely lad and I didn't take offence at all, he apologized and that's fine by me...to be fair, I have done well dodging it for 26 years lol

Oh crikey Owl...good luck with the claw clipping, I hate doing my pairs and when they go in for surgery I get the vet to do them whilst they are knocked out.

Suzeanna, I have been so lucky, in 6 years I have only not seen him twice...I gave him a massive hug and said thanks for looking after me so well and he got me to 40 so well done him. I will try to find a nice bottle of wine and drop it off for him

I like my consultants, I can talk straight with them, hope your next one is as good.

I used to have the dogs claws cut at their boosters, but im sure ive missed all of theirs. Ive found a good set of clippers, so can do their nails myself.

lewis is taking me for coffee and shopping tomorrow. need to find soft treats for an evening. got a cupboard full of doritoes, and cant eat them. I do have chocolate, won 70 full size bars lol

Our much missed dobe Saphyre was an absolute gem in everything except having her nails cut...it took three people sitting on her to do it at home, but if we took her to the vet, she just sat and lifted a paw when asked, to make complete liars out of us when we said she hated having them done!

• Haha 2

I had to get George's nails trimmed regularly as he was flat footed and so his nails hardly got any wear as they barely grazed the ground. He had very short wicks though so the vet had to be very careful. He took a fraction too much off one time and oh the blood! 

Archie's nails never needed trimming. It's funny how they are all different.