UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September had better be better!

Jazz

ill have an extra coffee to make up for it griff lol

got to get out of this mood before it gets any lower and im in trouble. lewis is coming round this morning, that will help. hes off to las vegas for a stag weekend, so wont see him till next week

have a safe cool day xxxxxx

• Like 1

2 of our local villains involved in the thefts and vandalism are in custody and police have plans to deal with the crime wave. One of our councillors posted an update from the police this morning on village Facebook page. Unmarked cars and plain clothes police have been doing patrols, as well as some extra uniform patrols. Other steps are being taken which cannot be made public. The councillor's post received 3 sarcastic, sneering responses from residents so I thanked her for posting. 

Much of the negative feeling in the village has been caused by a person on the central switchboard in Nottingham who refused to take seriously various reports of guys in balaclavas running round the village in middle of night, on the grounds that it is not illegal to run down a road.  This now seems to have been sorted, but there are always some who would sooner make a disparaging comment than a constructive one.

Edited by owl
  • Like 1

Let's hope that this will be the beginning of the end of the crime wave then Owl..mind you, by the sound of it they've probably nicked everything worth stealing already.  When we lived in New Whittington someone in the mobile home park at the end of our lane sold their plot to travellers, and boy did we know it.  Our lawn mower went, someone up the road's two power mowers also, but that was in the days when we had more police around and they descended on the likely culprits in numbers and they pretty quickly moved out. I'm probably tempting fate by saying it, but there doesn't seem to be much crime locally, not even bus shelters windows are being broken any more.  

Jazz, I hope you feel in a better place mentally soon.

Griff, how are your knees? Any improvement?

Lots of birders on the reserve today, as the first black-winged stilt seen in Notts since 1974 has decided to spend a few days with us. Usually seen on coastal areas. 

Saw crime scene van outside the pharmacy today. Still a few local residents being disparaging about the police but most are now supporting them and being public spirited.

Got my hands full helping to moderate a Facebook page about an old dog missing in Rother Valley country park. Most people are great and we have support from licensed drone pilots and all kinds of folk, and we have locals on side, but a couple of individuals from outside the area are busy having a go because they think we are doing everything wrong or not doing enough.  Keyboard warriors *sigh*