UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September had better be better!

Jazz

One in one out for Jazz, that's about as much keeping up as I can do lol.

Spent the afternoon in the garden too Owl, but not as productive as you. I'm trying to dig out some stumps of shrubs I've cut down. One wasn't too bad and I got that out but the second one is much more difficult. It's so old that some of the roots are as thick as tree branches and I'm having to saw through them. Then my son and his wife came round for a surprise visit so that put an end to that. Meant to be raining now for a few days so don't know when I'll get back to it. No rush I guess.

Hope everyone had a lovely day in the sunshine xx

Awww, that's really nice Owl...and exactly what neighbours should be like! 

Jazz...to be fair I am bloody lost, I am easily confused at the best of times!

Eve, how's your husband's ankle coming along?? And did he supervise your efforts??

Dad's got his new car, I think he is pleased, I am just hoping it's going to be o.k...i have 2 cameras on it, and I am sleeping with my bedroom window open and I leave the TV on all night now, no wonder I am exhausted! He rung me up earlier all excited...the door handles light up when he unlocks the car at night...lol. it looks lovely and clean inside but deags is going to the vets Thursday so I suspect it will end up white!

• Like 1

I'm officially losing it. I sat down in my armchair earlier and tried to put a seat belt on! :ohno02::wacko:

Yesterday was such a beautiful day. Blue skies, sun out all day, temperature got up to a consistant 23C. Today is the absolute opposite. Grey and wet with constant and heavy rain.

• Haha 1

😂 @Yantan Our weather isn't as bad as yours. Was quite nice earlier when I was out with the dogs, but dull and drizzly now.

Richard's ankle seems to be healing well, thanks Griff. He's on crutches and has to wear a moonboot for 6 weeks but fingers crossed the op has worked. He did sit in the sun and watch me dig lol. Not that he could have helped anyway as he has a degenerative back problem where his discs are disintegrating. So even if his ankle is mended he'll still be an old crock 🤣

Aw Charlie, be a good boy and bag yourself a new home.

I take it your all hiding before I confuse you again lol don't think they are coming in, they both need vets treatment so depends if a rescue will take them on

Hospital this afternoon. don't know why the hip surgeon wants to see me, nothing he needs to be doing. hes welcome to take over my shoulders. ill ask him ..

be safe out there xxxx

No not hiding, just feeling rather sad and didn't feel like posting. A brilliant but tiring Saturday ended on an unhappy note when I went out late to help with a deceased dog, probably pit type, who had died while whelping and was buried in a shallow scrape in a wood where some dog walkers found her and were very upset.  My friend managed to get some help from RSPCA after haranguing the person on the switchboard who said just leave her there ... on a popular dogwalking path! A very nice officer came out and examined her and brought a big enough bag and took her away. We also logged with police and got incident number. Always good to tell police if you are a group of people acting suspiciously in woodland in dark, especially if you are in possession of a deceased pitbull.  Apart from the distress all round, it is a major problem if you have to deal with a very big heavy dog in that situation.  By contrast the deceased cat I collected yesterday morning was easy, though also sad. Found on school playing field, no visible injury. Lady at pound kennels scanned her for me, no chip. No one has reported her missing or come forward to claim her, so I am taking her to pound today and council will collect. 

• Sad 2

Oh dear Owl, such very sad and upsetting situations :mecry: I am sure there are many RSPCA foot soldiers who do their very best for animal welfare but there is a whole strata, or more, in the organisation that you have to get through to get a call for help answered and it shouldn't be as hard as it often is.  I speak from experience. 

• Like 1