UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September had better be better!

Jazz

There aren't many of that sort around Owl...plenty of complainers though.  I must confess to having an urge to complain myself though, about the number of bonfires people round here have, it's every evening and lord knows what they burn but really thick smoke and if Philip is out walking Candy it makes his asthma bad.  They go on about clean air and non polluting cars etc, but don't ban bonfires.

Aaagh, just lost the message I was going to post. That'll teach me to go back and check on things!

That was helpful of your neighbour Owl, whatever his motives.

Glad you had a nice visit with Lewis Jazz and good walks with the pups.

How annoying for Philip Suzeanna and inconsiderate of your neighbours. I can hardly believe your inability to get a doctors' appointment. The NHS in Scotland gets a well deserved bad press but at least our local surgery guarantees you an appointment the same day.

Richard's op seems to have gone well. He'll be out tomorrow and have limited mobility for 6 weeks, maybe longer, but fingers crossed he'll be able to walk after that.

Sorry Griff, my minds gone blank as to what I was going to say to you and I'm not going back to check again and lose all this lot 😂

Eve, it's not just our area that has trouble with appointments...bear that in mind if you decide to move back down! Scotland does better than we do in some circumstances, I was reading that there are two new drugs for cystic fibrosis sufferers, both now free in Scotland but NICE has declared them too expensive for patients in England.

Happy Gotcha Day Candy 👍🎂🧁🥩🍗

You can almost always get a same day appointment with a GP at my medical centre if you are not bothered who you see. If there are no appointments and you really need to be seen they will have you come in and wait until they can slip you in between appointments. 

A friend got one recently as she was waiting for replacement knee surgery and was having a hard time walking. It was renewed on her surgeon's say so following the op as she had a very problematic recovery. She's a lot better than she was so I don't know if she got to keep it. I must ask her!

It's come out lovely here this afternoon. Nice to see blue skies and a bit of sun.

• Like 1

you had to have a medical?

I knewwwwww there was something hinky about the dog that's supposed to be coming after her knees are done. they haven't really spoken much to me. had a feeling they wernt bringing her. she has finally said they cant afford to take her to the supervet, after asking me if I can afford it. ive just asked her if she is still bringing her then. waiting for an answer

we got on so well. we finished each others sentences about our lives, and matched pictures of her tilly and my katie. I asked her why she felt she couldn't talk to me. ive said ill have her knees done. shes going to talk to hubby and talk tomorrow. iv said just bring her

to be continued......