UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September had better be better!

Jazz

Just checking all is in order because of the trouble my asthma has been giving me Suzeanna. I was always a very "chesty" child and got frequent bouts of bronchitis & had whooping cough as well as the asthma.

Oh yes, I've got my diabetes levels right down and if I continue at this rate I will end up out of the diabetic range. I'm going to go for it.

• Like 4

Do you think it could be the change in the weather causing you trouble Yantan? I ask because Philip has asthma and eczema, and though his asthma is ok, his skin has really flared up over the past few days, he's covered in an itchy rash and it's driving him mad.  I haven't changed the washing powder or anything like that, but he seems to remember it doing it last year too.

Got the boiler serviced today, nice surprise as the man on the phone said it would be £60 plus vat, and when the guy asked how I was paying and I said cash, he said ok that's £50! It's a year since we had the new boiler in, and one of the conditions of the guarantee is that it has to be serviced regularly.

• Like 1

I had whooping cough when I was a baby and my grandma wanted to give me some fried mouse which she said would clear it up. My mum put her foot down and said no way.  The old ways are not always the best!  No idea where the mouse remedy comes from, unless from the herb mouse-ear which can be used in cough medicines. Somewhere along the line someone must have taken things a bit too literally.

Talking of meeces, they have been noticeably absent from the owlery this summer, apart from the 2 youngsters which turned up in the sitting room a few weeks ago. They are still in the outhouses and gardens but thankfully not coming in.

• Like 2

Probably a phishing email Jazz. Ignore it.

I have been reading through the 2006 Secret Santa thread when there were loads of us here to exchange SS's. I've got all Christmassy now. I think I might start my Christmas shopping! What? Too early for Christmas? Aw shurrup at least I didn't mention Brexitl

Maybe I'd better start mine too! oh..small problem...no money!

It was very wet earlier but the sun is shining now.  Blowing hard though and the wind is cold.  I noticed on Philip's FB several nesh types were saying they've already put their heating on, I'm determined ours isn't going on until October.  I quite like the blue fingers effect....

Lol Suzeanna, our heating has been on in the evening for a couple of weeks. More because of the damp feeling in the air rather than just cold. Meant to be dry and sunny tomorrow though so that will make a nice change.

Why rage Jazz?

Noooo Yantan, not the C word in September, that's just so wrong. Besides, I have so few people to buy for these days no need to start early

O.k....i started Christmas shopping 2 months ago...only way I can buy everyone gifts lol

Tattoo done today, Dexter's name and his ashes mixed into the ink too..... Steve had 2 covered up and has now booked in again...I have created a monster.... Martin didn't charge me... again, he is a good lad

• Like 1