UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September had better be better!

Jazz

🤣 at Jazz. Bacon sandwich for breakfast then

Glad you had a nice lunch out Yantan and everything crossed Ruby's results were good.

Another day of rain here, really fed up with it, steak and sausage pie for our tea tonight. Need comfort food lol

Everything ok on Ruby's scan but her uremic levels are too high on the remaining kidney so she has to follow a uremic diet. So no strawberries, no oily fish, no shellfish like prawns and scallops, no beef, no beer, no grain spirits or wines, although a very, very occasional glass is fine. Her kidney stone is no bigger and not giving trouble so they will just continue to watch it. 

She was more than happy with all of that which is why we went for a celebratory meal afterwards.

• Like 2

Prefer raspberries to strawberries anyway, though theres way too many growing wild in my garden. Pulled some canes up the other day to thin them out. That is quite a tough regime for Ruby. But if her prognosis is good it's worth it 👍

Tell yourself you can Jazz and you will!

I'm feeling rather dizzy..took my blood pressure, which normally runs at about 135/75 and it's 110/62.  I imagine that accounts for it.  Don't know whether to risk walking Candy or if I'm likely to pass out in the street (and knowing the folk around here, they'd step over me!)

I phoned the surgery and a triage nurse called me back, she said it might be that they are overmedicating me now for my high blood pressure, so take about three readings a day for the next couple of days and let them know what they are.  If I feel worse then ring again and she'll get me in to see someone.  Not too bad at the moment, I played with Candy in the house with her ball so she's not too worried about the lack of a walk.

• Like 1

mine arnt too bothered about a walk. its far too hot. hugo and kevin are playing ith bobby and the other 2 have had their chews

just had my contents renewal through. they have doubled it, so having to look round. 

got a hole in the wall outside, better ring and get that sorted

Suzeanna, don't risk going out, I have permanently low blood pressure and going from sitting to standing is horrific for me, so just you take your time getting up and be very careful on the stairs etc

Insurance offered my dad a price for the car...he told them no way, they said did he not think it a fair price...they offered £2800 minus his excess so £2640, he said he wasn't having that as he was offered £3400 a few weeks before the car was damaged by we buy any car so it's worth a lot more, they have said get 3 or 4 similar off eBay auto trader etc and they will look again..so I have found 1 at £5k one at £4500 and 2 at £3600

• Like 1

I once passed out at work so they called a doctor (in the days when your own GP surgery covered call-outs) My own doc arrived and took my BP and it was really low which he determined was the cause of my hitting the floor face first. So I agree with others Suzeanna but I know you will be sensible anyway :thumbsup_still:

Our central heating automatically kicked in this morning so it must have been chilly.

• Like 1