UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September had better be better!

Jazz

Birders is more of an American term but it has caught on over here. 

I spoke to one man who had driven down from Bradford and managed to get a photo before rushing back to work. He was very lucky, as the stilt has been flitting happily between our various lakes all week and giving everyone the runaround.

I have decided to book a holiday in Wales. Found a dog friendly site at a secluded farm which is a husky rescue, with one pod and one caravan, each in its own fenced area. Reactive dogs welcome. Planning to book caravan which is cheaper, from Halloween over the firework season. Wales in November can be gloomy and wet but at least it is quiet.

• Like 2

ive always called them bird watchers, but on death in paradise, he was told they are now called birders, and you called them birders. wondered when and why it changed.

do you remember years ago, everyone was going to a dog friendly place? 

Ah, you are thinking of Little Dumpledale farm. A lovely place down in Pembs but not the best for reactive dogs. Also is heavily booked up in advance, and most of the accommodation is too big for one human and one dog. The one I am booking is inland from Lampeter and much nearer to most of the old friends I want to visit.

Sounds ideal Owl. We're starting to think about where we might next book a holiday. Depends on how succesful Richard's ankle op is in a couple of weeks as currently he can't walk more than a few steps so no point going anywhere if he can't explore a new area.

My plan for next year is to take myself and Stanley away for 'headspace' break. I am going away to a caravan in Cornwall next month for our yearly holiday with my best friend - not sure if you all remember her she was called 'muckyhen' in the old days 😂

Its been a very sad week in my work as one of the young people we work with was murdered. We have lost 3 in two months 2 to murder and 1 took his own life. Very worrying times.

• Sad 2