UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

What are the naffest presents you've ever received

Yantan

I was taking a look back at threads on here so inspired by the "What's The Naffest Thing You Got For Christmas" thread of 2009 I thought I'd kind of resurect it but make it more general.

OK here's mine. 

A 3/4 full (or a 1/4 empty according to how you look at things!) bottle of Je Reviens perfume on my 21st birthday from a visiting relation over from Canada. I hate Je Reviens and viewed it, especially when I was 21, as an old ladies perfume.

The sister of the giver of the above gave me a George Burns LP.  At the time George was in his 80's so why she thought it appropriate to gift this to a 21 year old I have no idea. I have never found him funny or thought him a good singer. 

My really good friend over in the USA spent a lot of money one year buying and sending me ......

A pink plastic flamingo intended for the garden. I have no idea why :ohno02::laughingsmiley: She does have a quirky sense of humour and I used to think I had too but I obviously don't!

Over to you.

• Haha 2

Omg, I have got off lucky!! My dad's brother and his wife gave me and Andrew a comic annual..it was obviously their kids as the pages were torn

Mums cousin from Greece gave Andrew this wicked hand held arcade game thing, I got some awful stuffed dog with naff nylon curly hair and a plastic hat on it...the hat was all cracked and broken. I guess it's the thought that counts lol

• Haha 2

Oh I've just thought of another. My youngest sister bought me a tube of toothpaste made for dentures one Christmas. I don't have dentures. She was only 7 or 8 at the time and chose my gift herself so it does mitigate the naffness somewhat! 

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

I hope I am allowed to add a very unsuitable present received by a friend and neighbour when I lived in rural Wales. She and her partner had recently moved there and she could not drive. Buses were few and I often gave her a lift to go shopping, but her partner who spent most of the time working away wanted to give her some independence.  Without saying anything, he bought a pony which he figured would be suitable to drive in a trap. Knowing less than 0 about horses, he went to the local horse auction and was delighted to get one at a bargainous price. Well, an unbroken entire 2 year old colt with no pedigree and no manners would be pretty cheap.

Friend was less than happy, especially when the pony chased her round the field. We did manage to find him a suitable home, where people knew what they were doing and eventually sorted him out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2