UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August here! No one's noticed me!

suzeanna

Another new face at the surgery..everyone's changing! Name of Hope, very nice and completely understood my points about the furesemide thank goodness.  She's going to pass my thoughts onto the doctor.  She took my blood pressure, but with the old type pump thing rather than the electronic one (she said much more reliable) and it was very good, no problems there.  She did intend to do a blood test for lipids and such like...I said if that's in case I need statins, forget it as I won't take them anyway! Fair enough, your choice.  Good lord, someone with some common sense!

It rained here first thing, but the sun is out now and it's pretty warm again.  They seem to be keeping on top of the problem at the dam at Whaley Bridge, but I can understand why people are wanting to get back home sooner rather than later.

I'm not taking the extra BP medication the GP gave me the last time I saw her I told her and told her that I was very very hot and retaining water and showed her my very swollen legs but she said take it anyway, 2 days later the nurse took it the old fashioned way and it was right down in fact lower than its been in about 10 years, I checked it on the digital machine in the waiting room again on Friday last and it was lower still. So I'm not risking taking a 2nd pill that could cause it to drop too low. 

Bruno has gone home, we are going up there next weekend and I'm hoping he'll still be with them then but I'm not sure, although he's been quite chirpy whilst he was here, he hates hates hates all the medication he has to take 3x a day and he's been sick every night and morning despite 2 of the medications being anti emetics. 

Suzeanna, it's your life and nobody can tell you what to do, they can offer treatment but you can't force it in anyone

Snow, I hope Bruno is still there when you go

I would like to say a big thank you to Marion for helping find out about Steve's family for me...I really do appreciate it.

• Like 1

Well done Yantan. Are you going to pass it on to Steve Griff or is it just so you can understand his background a bit more?

Glad you got an understanding medic Suzeanna.

Everything crossed Bruno is well enough to be around a bit longer Snow.

Been nice here for most of the day. Bit of rain late morning but warm and sunny this afternoon. I have had a pottering in the garden kind of day. Had no energy or inclination to do anything else lol.

Decluttering of ex-friend's junk continues. I have packed the usable or saleable stuff neatly in plastic storage boxes, as I have far more of those than I need. Then if she starts to act like a decent person I will drive it to her place. Space is being reclaimed in the outhouses so petrol mower can live in one, and garden furniture can be in the others during winter. I still have 16 bags of soft toys in the loft but they are not in the way and probably act as extra insulation. 

Dropped another load off at the tip today, watered the polytunnels at the reserve, and took Wispa for a splash in the stream.

The Saturday canal trip was a great success. Friend and her niece (great-great-niece actually) loved it.  Niece didn't know what a canal was or what they were built for, so a whole new world for her. There was another girl about the same age on the trip to share the fun with. They found the lock very exciting, and loved the swarms of iridescent dragonflies all around us.  Niece spent the rest of the evening researching the history of canals online. 

• Like 2

I am hoping to continue researching my family this winter, and may ask Yantan for help if I get stuck.  It is maternal grandfather's father who may be the sticking point, as he just popped up from nowhere.  Everyone has stayed around the same areas, father's side around north Bedfordshire and mother's in Lincs.  I suspect they originally came over with the great Danish army, found somewhere they liked, and refused to budge. The mysterious great-grandpa looks strikingly different from the rest of the tribe,  slim and wiry, black haired, olive skinned, blue eyed. Exactly like lots of my former neighbours in West Wales. 

• Like 2

Excellent day then owl! Nice to engage young minds

Eve, Steve says he doesn't want to know and I am unsure if to give him the information, I think I will tell him Yantan has done it for me and I will print it out and if he would like to see I will give it him.

I have told Marion today about Steve, I guess I am safe to say in here. 

His dad left when he was aged 4, his dad remarried and as his new wife couldn't have children she was jealous of Steve and said she didn't want him coming round anymore and his dad chose her over Steve. His mum got a new fella who basically beat the crap out of her and Steve daily,his step dad used to let other people batter Steve too. He was thrown out at 17 after he battered his step dad...he had served his purpose for years as an unpaid babysitter, his daughter was still born when he was 18, his mum died when he was 20 and he was then banned from seeing his sister and brother, his partner left him and he allowed his brother to move in, Carl had drink and drugs problems and Steve battered him and chucked him out...he stopped attending dialysis and Steve was at the hospital driving the bus when he had a call...his sister was on the helipad with his brother in the air ambulance, Steve contacted work who refused to allow him to leave his bus and made him finish his shift....Carl died before he got there and he lost the only chance to say goodbye to his brother and hug and kiss him when he was warm....Steve got a cold body in the undertakers.... there's another suspicion I have about what's happened to him...he says he will never tell anyone. So there you go, that's how come the man I love to bits is such a mess and struggles with life and people

• Sad 1

Very sad Griff. Poor man, I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

Very happy to help Owl whenever. Just shout 👍

I sent my DNA sample off today though they've changed the collection times so I missed today's collection. It will take 6-8 weeks anyway from when they get the sample.  

I may be told that I am related to some archaic grain as I noticed a tiny bit of my breakfast went in the pot. I had gluten free flakes made from foodstuffs typical of an iron age diet. They were shite 🙁

• Haha 4

Lol...that's hilarious Yantan! I hope it's not like the dog DNA thing.... people were getting very odd results with those

Yep, kind of explains why Steve is a mess...I just wish I could make him get help for his depression and see that life can be better

So sad Griff. It's beyond belief what people can do to other people, even worse when it's their own flesh and blood.

The canal trip sounds great fun Owl. Sometimes it's lovely to see things through a child's eyes.

• Like 1

Thanks Yantan...I told him what you had done and I just started talking about it and he was fine... said he didn't give a sh*t about his dad's side of the family but I did point out that he shouldn't judge his aunt and uncles as he doesn't know what his biological father has said to them...I mean if my brother had a child and he turned round and said he had picked his partner over his child... well for one I would never speak to him again and two most likely batter him senseless...chances are he told them Steve's mum and step dad banned him from seeing him.

He just said he had been pushed out his whole life and was used to it, his dads new wife did it and so did his step dad... said he is used to it now, maybe that's why he doesn't bother with his family much?