UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August here! No one's noticed me!

suzeanna

Pleased that flooding is nowhere near you Suzeanna.

Great news that Jim is feeling much better Blackmagic.

I always thought paracetemol was harmful to dogs too. If I ever had a dog with a cough I was always told, by a vet, to give them children's Benylin as the adult one had paracetomol in it.

Any dry white wine in that cupboard Yantan? I don't drink spirits and it's a tad late for coffee now

Very worried about Whaley Bridge as I have just seen the forecast there for the next few days. Sunday's is unbelievable. I hope the people working on the dam and reservoir can channel the water off in time. Many people in surrounding areas are offering accommodation for people and animals.

I have sorted out a couple of vanloads from the sheds to go to tip tomorrow, stacked up by side of house. Most of it is not mine, storing for someone else who now has no room for it.  The person who had the hoarding problem and was the bane of my life for ages ... remember her? Everything rusty, motheaten, manky or just plain useless is going, whether mine or hers. Including 5 fish tanks with rusty lids not used for over 10 years.

• Like 1

I'll be going to meet up with Nick Vicky & Owen at the services shortly to pick up Bruno but before that I need to ring the Millenium Center ticket office when they open at 10 to book tickets for me and Nick to go watch Star Trek Wrath of Khan followed by a live Q&A with William Shatner in March next year!! :pinkie:

Don't know what to say to cheer you up, except that I drove to the tip with car packed to the limit with fish tanks and dead vacuum cleaners etc and no one recognised me as they couldn't hear Wispa barking! No room for dog crate today.

• Haha 1

Bruno is here and remarkably chirpy - he's demanded 2 Tesco meaty strips and ate both along with 2 small cocktail sausages but he's turned his nose up at some nice tasty luncheon meat. 

The journey was horrible - I've ranted on facebook lol  The M4 is a disgrace its nothing more than a flipping car park these days it was supposed to have taken me 90 mins and instead it took 3 hours! Then I hit all the weekend trippers heading to Barry Island so ended up going right around the back of Cardiff to get to the lower road into Barry just so I could keep the car moving and cool air coming in for both me & Bruno. Once Bruno was settled I went straight into a cold shower but tbh I'm STILL ruddy hot. I gave Bruno my fan but he keeps moving away from it so I've taken it back if he wants to be cooler he can come in here with me lol 

On the plus side I've got my tickets to see William Shatner :) 

67487228_862149380827558_1078916387713318912_n.jpg

• Like 1