UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August here! No one's noticed me!

suzeanna

Awwww Suzeanna, so sorry to hear about Max. 

I fully agree, the people voted so just shut the hell up and crack on with it, that man makes my blood boil!!

Jazz, hope you feel better soon

Had some good news, xjs passed its MOT which deeply shocked me. Also the lad who used to live at 25 wrote back and said that the fences were fitted by the owners in 68 but there were "markers"  which obviously marked out the boundary as per the instructions of the developer

• Like 2

Sorry about Max, Suzeanna. Another  arrival at rainbow Bridge.

I agree about the People's Vote. if people have changed their minds  or didn't  know what they were voting for , tough .  You had tour chance.

I  don't understand the 'it's the end of Democracy'. Is it not Democracy that the higher vote wins?
. Does that mean we can ask for another General Election  when the party we voted for doesn't win?
 How can we say we will not leave without a deal. I tis not up to us-  Parliament can't  agree a deal amongst themselves, never mind with the Eu.They act   like a lot of school playground kids.

I hope the news about the fences helps you , griff.

Good news about the car.

JIm has been quite unwell since his chemo this week but we have been to the OOH locum and he has had an anti sickness  injection which hopefully will  settle his stomach. The anti sickness pills he has aren't working.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I am not going to discuss politics on here or I will end up getting into arguments and you will all be angry with me, but I do firmly believe that blockades and strikes are not the solution to the present crisis and would be totally counter-productive. 

We have more police patrols now and also councillors on our side, and the police have asked for no vigilante activity as they do not want people to put themselves at risk.  We also seem to have a few more thieves, and I wonder if the social media activity and the number of people saying why bother calling police as they are useless, has attracted more thieves to the area for easy pickings. The thieves are now mostly on bicycles, smashing car windows and grabbing what they can pdq before whizzing off. They are also breaking house windows and then if lights go on they make a quick escape.

Is it ondestaron tablets Jim has as I find them absolutely useless and the side effects out weigh the benefits

Owl, I have just bought a dusk to turn timer that also switches on and off at random times...we are putting it in the lamp in the spare room so it looks like theirs someone in there to hopefully protect our other car

• Like 1

I hope Jim gets some relief with that anti-sickness jab. He's having such a rough time, poor man 😢

What rain this morning. We went to the storage unit and a big van had taken up all the space in the undercover loading area so our stuff got wet as we loaded the trolley. 

He has  Domperidom form GP and ondestaron  from chemo department. Injection was also ondestraon. Locum said that ws the strongest they had.  He only had 3 days supply from chemo so he gave us more to use if necessary.

However, the queaziness ands sickness  has gone. He  has been able to eat more today.

He is feeling  slightly stronger  today and has managed to get up to sit on the couch.

Our GP service is very good and is checking  on him daily. 

Constant rain here today and everything, even the road,  is sodden. I keep looking for a dry spell to take Cleo out  but it is not happening.

I have had to light the wood burner as well. Summer has definitely gone now.

I hope  the vandals can be sorted out, Owl. It is  a sad world  when that is how they get  their kicks.  Teenagers are committing murder. There is some thing  very  sick with our society . There is  no respect for other people or their  property. You take what you want  and lash out if you don't get  your own way.

• Like 1

I got my DNA results. I am 75% English, Welsh and north western European. 25% Irish and Scottish. 

Broken down a little more the north western European is mainly north west France but also covering Belgium, Luxembourg, and the very tip of northern Germany. I knew the French would show because my mother was a French Canadian. 

I need to study it all further - there's loads to look at.

• Like 1

So, apart fom confirming you're a mongrel 😂 what do the results help you with? Just confirm some strands of your research are correct? Geniunely interested.

Really pleased Jim is feeling better, everything crossed he keeps improving.

Edited by eve

Legit or illegit descent, Yantan, and which one? Edward IV was a bit of a lad and had a few random descendants who had Plantagenet as a surname. Ironically he may not have been a true Plantagenet anyway as his dad was away in France at the time of his conception, and his mum was very friendly with a Welsh archer.  

• Haha 1