UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August here! No one's noticed me!

suzeanna

Philip checked on Max earlier, he thought at first that he'd gone he was so cold but then a paw moved a bit.  I stroked him and talked to him and his head came up, but he didn't open his eyes. I think his little flame is flickering out.  I don't know whether to just leave him in his bed, or get him out and cuddle him until he leaves us.  

• Sad 1

Aw, Suzeanna, no right or wrong decision. Think I'd cuddle him if it was me as long as it wasn't causing him any  pain and he's used to being cuddled. But often animals want to go away on their own to die so leaving him would be ok too xx

Yes Suzeanna..I believe we are all traced back to one couple in Africa

Yantan I am drunk but Even sober I don't think my head would take that lot in!

Jazz, I am a bit confused...not hard but who is having a go? And provided you didn't declare you were a rescue....how can they kick off??

It has been accepted until now that we are all descended from Lucy but an African archaeologist has just found a skull which has upset everything. He reckons all bets are off on where we came from. It's on BBC website. 

im sorry about your hamster xxxxx

bobbys owners wernt happy that I wouldn't tell them what rescue hes with. coming up with bollox why  they haven't got any paperwork ….. so they got onto my friend that gave them my number, and she told them! so they got straight on the phone to them …… they haven't read that ive got him yet! so had words with my friend. 

We are going to the tip with another load of crap we don't need this afternoon and to the storage locker tomorrow to put in a few more boxes of crap that we DO need. We are slowly moving forwards although a snail and a tortoise would beat us in a race.

Very grey and wet again here today.

I've been to the medical centre and had my last ever smear - well as long as the results are OK. Thank feck for that!

I'm still losing weight so that's good. Time is ticking and it's already 6 months since we booked our QM2 trip so need to ramp the weight loss effort up.

My friend's daughter is doing OK. She was greatly cheered up yesterday by a visit from a therapy dog who got into bed with her :wub_anim:

Edited by Yantan
errant emoji's!
  • Like 3

Thanks, Owl. I was going to come in and say but I've been busy scrubbing out his cage, disinfecting the wooden bits etc.  I've been looking up other small pets and guinea pigs are a no no....they live too long and likely to outlive me, rats are shorter lived but not sure whether Candy would tolerate them so it's either nothing, or another hamster.  Don't want to waste the cage, it's a huuuuge one and cost Philip quite a bit so it'd be a shame for it to just sit in the utility room.

Corbyn is calling for general strikes and for the public to block roads etc.  Nice idea JC, that's really going to go down well with people trying to get to hospital, airports etc.  One person already missed seeing their dying father because of Extinction Rebellion's  blockade, how many more if that goes ahead? Oh..and the people calling for a People's Vote...what exactly do you think the referendum was? 

• Like 2