UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August here! No one's noticed me!

suzeanna

I don't wish to offend anyone...my apologies if I do but a university degree doesn't really mean anything, some of the smartest people can be the thickest in terms of common sense.

I firmly believe in start at the bottom and work up, you learn your people skills, commaradory, and life experience.

Yantan...lots of tears here but my boy is home!!

My cousin just said the most beautiful thing to me, she said given all I have going on maybe I needed another angel on my side...that set me off again!

• Like 1

That was a lovely thing for your cousin to say Griff. So sorry about Dexter and glad you've got the wee angel back home with you. He'll always be with you.

Hope Max is ok Suzeanna, I get why you couldn't check on him.

I agree with you all re nurses and policeman having to be graduates, even though I have a degree myself. I worked in Universities for most of my career and can honestly say the most obnoxious, self entitled, demanding students were the nurses (and some vets when I worked in a vet school). They would have had that attitude knocked out of them pdq by sisters and matrons while training on the wards.

Miserable day here. Managed to get the dogs out in between showers but the rain looks set in for the day. We're all snuggled up on the sofa together now and will probably stay here lol.

• Like 1

Thanks Eve. Looks like I have rain here too, about right! 

How's this for ridiculous, Steve wanted one of those chainsaw on a pole thing for cutting the trees at the back of his house, well Lidl were selling some at £39.99 so off I went last week, he got it home...opened it up, no battery!! Turns out you only buy the trimmer, I read the description and there was no mention of having to buy a battery... luckily managed to get a battery and charger from eBay and will drop it off later, still worked out a bit cheaper than buying it all as one

Just messaged my tattooist, he is going to tattoo Dex's ashes in next Friday, just said go down with Steve and he will do us both

• Like 1

Awful grey wet day here. 

My friend's daughter is still in critical care but at least the movement and feeling in her left leg are coming back. As of late afternoon yesterday they hadn't been able to stop the bleeding from her throat and that was bothering her more than anything else. She has been able to WhatsApp with her mum so that's a very good sign! I've had no further news today other than they all managed to get some much needed sleep last night. 

What design are you having Griff? 

its hot here. fans are on

lewis is busy the next 2 weeks so stocked up on drink and dog food. bobbys dog food the owner ordered for me, and crisps I won are due today. she said he needs low fat food, but my normal food is lower fat than forthglade lol but if she wants to pay for it I don't mind

Yantan...just Dexter T.c to go along with max, diesel and Delaney.

I am pleased your friends daughter has the feeling coming back, I really hope the bleeding has stopped by now

Jazz, too right if the owners want to pay for food....let them

Thanks  Blackmagic, how are you doing and Jim too?

Jazz the lowest low fat food I could find was cheap and cheerful Winalot at 3%.  I know it's far from the best but it's what I had to buy for Archie as he got older and his acid reflux worsened. He was much better on the Winalot than anything else and he seemed to enjoy it too - and he was bloomin' fussy as hell!

That sounds nice Griff.

I was also wondering how you and Jim were doing blackmagic.

the people are now asking what rescue he is under, am I legit … bloody hell! I was polite, telling them I explained everything. and I don't understand why they haven't got the paperwork, chip, vacs, and why the vet has his passport, and wont pass it onto me. shes has shut up

Edited by Jazz

I've got back on one of my lines to my 13xgreat grandparents and that made me think "I wonder just how many 13xgreat grandparents I have". It turns out to be 32,768!! For each generation the number doubles so you have 8 great grandparents, 16 2xgreats, 32 3xgreats, 64 4xgreats 128 5xgreats, 256 6xgreats and so on. We must all be related to one another, if you go far enough back, because the number of many times over great grandparents will at some point number more people than were actually alive on the planet. I think it's fascinating!

It sounds hopeful about the daughter, Yantan...bleeding is the worse, can't be easy to get to it in throat, it's not as if you can put a tourniquet on it!

Mark and Julie and the children were here late afternoon yesterday, stayed and had a Chinese takeaway (McDonald's for the twins) and I was really pleased with how Candy was with them.  She's met Aidan, the eldest, a couple of times but the twins only briefly and a while ago and she's not really keen on kids, but she was very good, no barking and she tolerated being stroked without trying to run away. So different to my Rosie, she and Dylan both loved children and would have been nagging for attention. We did have a couple of mini meltdowns from Jamie, the twin with autism, but he soon calmed down and they all had a lovely time chasing it other down the hall, though the living room, into the dining kitchen, back to the hall shrieking as they went.  It was such fun, my headache has nearly recovered now.😵 Then Jamie discovered the  remote receiver for the doorbell and that it changed sounds and tunes when you pressed a button. Who knew there were so many? Or that they were so LOUD? That did flummox Candy when he hit on the normal one as she kept barking and rushing to see who was at the door.  Still, it kept him happy and gave her some exercise.

They've all gone to Alton Towers now and surprise surprise! When I warned them it's awfully spread out and there's a lot of walking I was assured it would be fine. Guess what? Had a text saying the kids are falling out because ...the rides are all spread out and it's a lot of walking. Fancy that, Mum knowing what she was talking about!

Just saw your post Yantan.  Aren't we all meant to go back to one couple in Africa, or something? I can't even dig up (not literally!) my grandparents, well done you.

Edited by suzeanna
  • Like 1