UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August here! No one's noticed me!

suzeanna

The crime wave in our village is unbelievable.  We are now getting several cars, vans and sheds broken into every night.  Someone had a shed door stolen at 7 a.m. a couple of days ago and the thief walked openly through the village with it, on the assumption that no one would suspect it was stolen. Tempers are running very high among residents and even though many will be unable to attend the meeting with police on Tues at 1 pm, I think everyone who can attend, will do so. Unfortunately this will mean they leave their houses unattended so I hope the thieves will be too busy sleeping off their activities to take advantage.  We are at the point where if anyone catches the thieves, things could get extremely violent.

• Sad 1

that is true. They will have been watching people, so will know who will be at the meeting. good idea if someone is hiding in the houses, so someone is there if the thieves pay a visit

bobby and mine are good in the night, but im still shattered. going shopping with lewis tomorrow. hes going to las vegas for a stag weekend, so that and work, might not see him for 2 weeks so will stock up. 

bobbys owner has ordered some food for him, that's coming tomorrow. I hope its the usual amazon man, he comes about 5. you know it will be a different one, coming in the morning lol what a lovely lad bobby is. someone will be blessed to have him

Owl, I sincerely hope they get a kicking, let's face it...they get caught, if and it's a big if they get locked up, they have more rights than the rest of us, fed 3 meals a day for free and given a TV and games console... pensioners and others can't eat or heat their homes but some little tw@t who thinks it's o.k to go and help themselves to the things others have worked for get treated better than a decent human... punishment indeed!! Maybe a damn good beating would make them think twice!

Rant over..sorry ( and I am very experienced in prison visiting so know exactly how it is...and it sickens me)

This evening, after 19 1/2 years together...at the brilliant age of 21 1/2 I had to let my fantastic feline Dexter T.C go to rainbow bridge. He went to sleep peacefully in my arms with my mum and dad with us, I am going to miss him so much but kept my promise to always take care of him and do right by him.

Thanks Owl, yes....he was only small but a big personality, he was the reason I was able to have a dog so thanks to him I got Diesel, he also gave me a reason to live when my whole life fell apart. He really was a special little cat.

• Like 2

Whilst not in the same category of loss as a dog or cat, I think our little hamster Max is on his way out.  He didn't touch his piece of apple yesterday morning and last night when I checked on him, he was curled very tightly in his bed but he felt cold, and too bony on his back (which considering the amount he stuffs away, isn't right.) I didn't dare look this morning, when Philip comes in from work tonight he can. Don't think we'll have another hamster, far too short lived.

• Sad 1

That is the problem with hamsters. They are adorable but don't live long enough, especially the little Russian ones. Strawberry my Syrian made it to 4 1/2 but that is quite unusual. 

I have been thinking along the same lines about a local paper. It's not that the police won't do anything, it is that they don't have enough officers.  Some residents are moaning that cars are parked up and police are too lazy to take them out. Makes me so cross, when all the officers I know work very hard and would have patrol cars out more if they had the staff. Some of us have been saying report every incident as otherwise the police have no grounds to ask for more officers. Others are saying they don't bother to report as no point. 

Our police have in fact nabbed quite a lot of naughty people over the past few months and were doing pretty well, but this sudden crime wave has stretched them past the limit. I have met quite a few lousy officers in past years in London and in Wales but none round here. They are in my view a cracking bunch. 

Awwww Suzeanna, I hope Max is o.k and I agree with Jazz...all animals are important and that's what I told my neighbour who is training to be a vet... goldfish, dog, cat horse cow etc... it can be the most important person in someone's life

Owl, we have the same here.. people not reporting so crime numbers actually go down!

I can't understand why police chiefs are asking for new recruits to be university trained.  The shortage of nurses can be traced back to them having to have degrees and I'm sure it will be the same for the police.  Policing surely needs to be learned on the streets, not in a classroom.  Boris Johnson is promising more police but as we all know what politicians say and what they do, whatever colour the rosette they wear, is a very different thing.

• Like 2

I so agree with you Suzeanna. I know quite a few nurses who trained in the days before it became a degree subject. Most of them say they wouldn't have become nurses if that had been the requirement back then. They all turned out to be fab nurses - 3 of them are sisters now and 1 a senior member of staff in a local health authority. They would have been a huge loss to the NHS. 

I have a very good pal who is a retired police officer. He and a number of his fellow retirees meet every now and then for a coffee alongside some long serving officers who knew the rest of them whilst they still served. They all hate the direction the police force in general have been forced to take. They all of them dislike the fast track system to inspector for those holding a degree as they feel they haven't served their time and gained a thorough understanding of what it is to be a bobby and what front line policing is all about.  I haven't yet heard his views on the degree requirement for all new officers but I can imagine wha they are!

I am sorry to hear about Max. My sister-in-law was distraught when the kids' hamsters died, they had become her's really and she had a real bond with them. The 3rd one they got was all hers as by then the kids' had lost interest in little furries but after he too died she couldn't face the loss again and didn't get another.  

Griff how are you this morning?