UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August here! No one's noticed me!

suzeanna

Yantan, let us know how she is. Poor lady.

Very sad about the dog and the xylitol. Beastly stuff.

Went out early with Wispa so she could have walk by the stream and a splash around before it got too hot. She jumped in, played for a few minutes in the watercress and reeds, then climbed out and marched straight back to the car. I know once the temperature is down she will be back to what passes for normal.  I am not much better with swollen fingers and ankles so doing as little as possible. Roll on 7 pm when the heavens should open and drench us all. I have kept the baby tree nursery at the reserve going by watering every morning, and all are alive and seem well.

Haven't posted but have ben reading.

We had to have Murphy PTS on Saturday when his condition  deteriorated and it was no longer fair to keep him going.

Then JIm had a very bad Sunday with pain and exhaustion. A gp appointment on Monday gave us the  diagnosis of advanced cancer.

Things are bit up in the air at moment.

• Sad 1

Blackmagic, I'm so very sorry. One shock at a time is bad enough, for you both to be coping with two is awful.  Is Jim still going ahead with the chemo, or do they think there is no point now? Whatever he decides, demand adequate pain relief...if morphine isn't sufficient, there is fentanyl or ketamine.  I'm thinking of you both,not much consolation I know but that's all I can do.

• Like 2

My friends's daughter was taken back to the ward yesterday evening following hours of surgery. They had somehow managed to nick her throat which was causing copious bleeding and she was bringing up big clots of blood and has done so all night. In the early hours of the morning she lost feeling and movement in her left leg and her BP plunged. They rushed her in for a CT for a head scan but nothing showed to cause alarm . This morning some feeling and movement is returning to her leg. Still no news on whether they were fully able to clip the aneuryism or not. They are all knackered having had little or no sleep including the patient. 

blackmagic how is Jim today and how are you? 

Hope your friends daughter will make a good recovery Yantan, some people take longer than others to recover from the anaesthetic. I imagine brain tissue is the same as the rest of the body, it takes a while to bounce back from being messed around.

Just started raining here, much cooler so Candy (and I!) will be happier.  My son and his family should be arriving some time this afternoon, just staying for a meal then they are in a hotel for the night and off to Alton Towers tomorrow, staying at the AT hotel.