UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August here! No one's noticed me!

suzeanna

Snap Eve. When we were in Vermont we rented our holiday accommodation from a lovely couple who had lived for a time in Scotland. They had a dog and a cat that were adopted over here and they went back to the US with them. The dog had died a couple of years before we met them but the cat was still going strong and came to see us every day in our accomodation. 

Lots cooler today. 

Is this the last week of the school holidays? I get lost with them.

I have a low bird bath that the dogs like to drink out of. problem is, so do the birds and wasps! my place is an L shape, so from my sofa, you can see the open bedroom window. you can see the birds flying, landing on the fence and swooping down, so kevin is always shooting out there swearing at them. Im trying to stop him before he starts barking at the moment

Bobby has killed another 2 toys. one he was happily destuffing, it was flying everywhere. kevin was next to him ,mouth open what the stuff are you doing! lol. dead toys  are now in the bin, and everyone has hooves or ears

Edited by Jazz

We hadn't had many wasps at all all summer..too wet maybe..but over the last week there have been quite a lot.  Luckily Candy doesn't try to catch them.  Birds don't bother her so long as they don't come too close to the house, she just lies watching them.  Squirrels are a different matter!

Archie's beloved auntie and uncle are waiting for their daughter to come out of surgery. She was diagnosed with a brain aneurysm a few years ago and it took them ages to work out how to get at it to operate. They finally came up with a plan and did the surgery but it was only partially succesful. They determined that it had to be sorted because otherwise she was a ticking time bomb.

So today is the day. Her parents were OK until it came time to say "bye-bye, see you later" especially the one with their 7 year old grandson and his mum. 

She is such a nice girl, a nurse herself and such a big animal lover who has a rescued dog and rescued rabbits at home. 

When she came home from holiday, not long after she lost her grandad, she announced to her parents that she'd had a tattoo done. They weren't pleased until she showed them it. It was words of advice her grandad had left in a good bye letter when he knew he way dying. "Always be kind, especially to those less fortunate than you". 

Dawg I hope she comes through this op.

Edited by Yantan
spellinz!

I hope all goes well for her Yantan, good surgeons can do wonders these days.  An ex girlfriend of one of Philip's mates had something that sounds very similar, they couldn't sort it completely but she's living a good life, she's a teacher up in the Highlands now.

Just read a sad post on FB, heartbroken family whose young lab became violently ill after they'd taken him for a walk..he'd picked up and eaten chewing gum with xylitol in it, and the vet was unable to save him.  Do be careful all, it's in a lot of things, not just chewing gum.