UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August here! No one's noticed me!

suzeanna

and they don't like people sorting it out themselves!

Tilly was gorgeous! like she has always lived here. the lady has a grooming parlour, get food donations, so she brought some with her and will send more on...…… BUTTTTTTTTT

their vet says tilly needs knee replacements. she has slipping kneecaps like most yorkies. they are taking her to the supervet to have them done, they will pay for it, then shes mine

We have a 2 man crime wave in the village.  The horrible pair are on various CCTV and residents recognise them.  Well known thieves who have just been released from prison. If police don't act then the residents will.  They had my neighbour's petrol mower last week after breaking into his shed. 

Edited by owl
  • Sad 1

as my friend isn't on here ….. her son has always been a problem, it got him jailed, but fighting has extended it from 18 months to 10 years. the warden smudged his painting so he threw boiling water over him ….. hes just been released to leeds. glad hes not round here as there will always be a fool to wind him up. 

How sad for your friend, for her son to grow up like that. 

Unfortunately Wispa's decreased hearing means she can't pick up on the noises she used to, especially when asleep. I think she would raise the roof if anyone tried to get into our house but she doesn't hear as far as neighbour's sheds.

When I was assaulted by an ex tenant at our old nursery garden site it took the police 3 weeks to come round to take a statement and a further 6 weeks before they went to see the culprit. We couldn't get through on the 101 line either and it was several hours later before my call was answered. I do wonder if spending their budget on more and more fast cars whilst shutting police stations is really a wise policy??

I wouldn't blame your neighbours for taking matters into their own hands Owl. 

Owl, I am so sorry your neighbours mower got nicked, I hope that the thieving pair of toerags get a right good pasting and whoever does it gets given an air tight alibi

My uncle has spent most of his life in and out of prison

Yantan, I think the police are utterly disappointed themselves in the lack of manpower and funds, it must be a thankless job now. Mum had issues getting through on 101 before, I just do the webchat now, that's disgusting considering you were assaulted....I understand our problem being  something minor to the police but an assault....that warrants a speedy response

There is a meeting with police a week on Thurs where people can raise issues. Unfortunately at 1 pm when most folk will be at work, but I will go as neighbour cannot. So many things have been pared down in the name of efficiency. The police round here do their best on limited resources and I feel sorry when so many are saying they don't care. 

Unfortunately some of the would-be vigilantes are pretty awful. One guy posted on village site showing CCTV of the 2 thieves trying to break into his van with crowbars, and giving him lip when he shouted from upstairs window.  Immediately someone else on group told him off for not going down and giving them a pasting. One unarmed man against 2 with crowbars?? Really.

the lady at asda who was lovely, just rung to say they are taking it seriously, and will be testing it

bobby who has stayed under the table, ate his dinner no problem. hes done a few laps of the garden and inside. kevin and hugo are staying with him

• Like 1