UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August here! No one's noticed me!

suzeanna

Lol... yeah, me and my dodgy ex Paul got Chucked out of where we were staying, he was a doorman and one of his bosses said his BIL would rent us a room. So we moved in...no hot water, no carpets, both drug users and I was told don't go in the front room...so I never did, it wasn't until the police turned up at my mum and dad's asking questions that I found out what was going on Lol. The area we lived in was the local red light district but I tell you what, those ladies working the streets were so nice and kind and the only time I had Trouble in that area was from the Catholic priest!!

I have led a very colourful life....my mums face when the police were talking to me, I will never forget it, a doorman had been shot in the town, and I didn't think anything of it, we had to go and meet this fella who ran a scrapyard and I was told to wait a bit down the road..Paul got in the truck and was back in 4minutes....he had got rid of the gun and looking back now, we went to get Paul to meet my mum and dad, on the way back, Paul took us a different way, and the recovery truck from the scrapyard was there...I didn't think much of it at the time, Paul pulled in in front of the truck and got out, I got out after about 2 minutes and they were talking crap about the lights not working properly...they were in the boot... I assume he was picking up the package. I told the police all of this as I was p*ssed off that he owed me a fair amount of money and I wasn't getting it and as he as getting locked up for battering a pub landlord and leaving him for dead I wasn't likely to be getting it any time soon.

Not exactly the high point in my life and apparently my family were quite worried about me...wonder why lol. During all of that I was working full time and I can't really say I regret any of it because it made me who I am, I don't often tell people about that part of my life... I could certainly do with Paul now

Glad Merlin is eating.

I was ok as soon as the candle fumes were cleared, thanks.

I have had some strange and dramatic things happen in my life, but Griff makes me look boring hehe. 

Far too hot here. Went up to the reserve so Wispa could have a splash in the stream, and watched a bittern on one of the lakes. 3 more days of excess heat during which we will be doing as little as possible. As long as I can keep everything watered here and at the reserve polytunnels and tree nursery.

I have just posted a congratulations card for my brainy cousin for passing his exams and it's lovely and warm...I am hoping next door stay away so we can get on with our garden in peace! 

Owl, hope you manage to get all the watering done

It's still grey and miserable here today but the temp has gone up to 18C. Tomorrow is going to be totally different according to the forecast with sun and temps of 25C. 

I hope you get to enjoy your garden in peace Griff. We have a front garden and there will be people passing by all the bank holiday weekend and no doubt some noisy buggers in some of the holiday lets so I will be staying indoors. 

My DNA has been extracted from my sample and the results are due on Sept. 9th. I will share here. 

Only waited 20 minutes after my appt time for the oncologist, expected to see big burly Dr. Sivoglu, nope, it was petite Dr. Chiramel again.  They told me last time she'd gone!  She is going now, down to London to work at the Royal Free.  I complained that I hadn't had a letter telling me of the last CT scan results and she said a lot of people don't want to see them as it upsets them.  I said I definitely do and it won't, so she made a note.  No changes at all since my last CT scan...she did say that could be down to the Letrozole which I'm  no longer taking, so she's going to book me another one in 3 months time to see if it's still the same.  She said the thing about cancer is no two people are the same, even if diagnosed with exactly the same cancer it is very unpredictable.  Mine might stay as it is with no change for years or it could suddenly run rampant.  Only thing that did slightly concern me is she said there was dilation of the aorta, but she didn't say anything other than that so I presume it's nothing to worry about.  

Griff, I'm shocked..truly shocked.  Didn't realise you had such a shady past!🤣🤣

Owl, there was quite a big article in the papers a while ago telling of all the nasties scented candles put into the atmosphere.  My daughter is asthmatic and she can't stay in a room with one going, or with those plug ins.

Glad to hear no change in scan result, Suzeanna.

I can't tolerate scented plug ins or even walking through the detergent aisle in supermarket. OK with Yankee candles as they seem to be essential oils with minimal nasties. Also OK with Original Source shower gel but not others. Pet hate is scented fabric conditioners. Two separate places near me are now doing laundry liquid, shampoo, washup liquid etc with no nasties, and you bring your own container to save plastic. 

I have watered all my containers and also by accident the neighbours' heads because there was a gust of wind. Neighbours just laughed and said very refreshing.

• Haha 2

Been trying with no avail to upload photos of Stanley!!  So I will paint a verbal photo of him lol he is a staffy x mastiff (??) , he is brown brindle all over with no white, I know I'm biased but he is a gorgeous baby who melts my heart, being a boy he is a bit dull 🙄 But makes up for it by being very cute - he was a baby that came to me at 4 weeks and fitted into the palm of my hand - 10 years later (his birthday was August 16) he is 6.5 stone but still thinks he is a teeny baby 😂😂 he is my boy and when I'm not in work goes everywhere with me 

• Like 2