UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August here! No one's noticed me!

suzeanna

they have been sick while I was out, so back on tescos. they can have rice pudding for tea, nice and soft for them. we will take the asda ones back next week. I have the reference number

we went to the pet shop. the lady was lovely. they do boarding and pet sitting, so ill get them in if im going out all day to let them out etc. was so wobbly, ill have to take my zimmer in future, I forgot what I went in there for lol

got 3 collars in the RSPCA shop for £1. too big for mine, but I like to give the rescue a bag of things when they pick up a dog

went for dinner, that was nice. lewis gave me a card with a shih Tzu on and a harry potter tshirt. he knows me well lol

• Like 2

yes, its hero in jelly. they have had it before and been fine. 

my hair used to grow very quick, but is very slow growing now. I don't mind, as my hairdresser friend is always busy. 75 and still got to work for the mortgage.

2 flats in lewis block are for sale. they have jut put up the service charge again so he is going to look at the contract, and look at moving if its going up again

It's a little better now Marion....I just feel knackered though, suppose sitting on your bum is tiring lol.

Jazz, it's ridiculous the amount some people charge for management of flats...here it's about £700 and you have to take a turn cleaning the stairwells, sort the plant borders... basically the only thing they do is cut the grass and that's very hit and miss

they put it up, then wanted thousands off them! I told lewis its a brand new flat so everything is still under warrantee so they shouldn't be paying for anything being done. a houses mortgage is the same as the flats plus service charge, so hes looking round. he moved there also because it was near work, but he has changed jobs so it doesn't matter. ive told him to buy a house with a granny annex for me and ill dog sit his dog he wants

Hi everyone :wave4:I have been lurking and keeping up with you all for aaages and aaages 

i am still here in South Wales, only one baby with me now after loosing my Ashley to cancer 3 October 2017, I am still struggling with her loss tbh.

i enjoy keeping up with you all day to day and even though I have only been lurking I feel very much part of the refuge 

xxxx

• Like 3

Not a good day!

Found out Murphy 's kidneys are in a very bad way. He stopped eating two days ago .  Most unlike him so I thought maybe the Metacam was upsetting his tummy. Have been in contact with the vet the last two days who also suspected that   but I  took him to the vet today for a check and they did a blood test.

Kirsty was surprised as he looks  good. Not at all like a 141/2 year old dog but his creatin level is very high.

So, we have to stop the Metacam and the paracetamtol and try tramadol for his sore hips and a kidney diet but It is a case of how long we can keep him comfortable.

She did say that if I hand back the paracetamol I got today they will credit my account for them which I thought was very good of them.

JIm had a good visit with the oncologist this time, He was on time and very on the ball. Not at all like he was the last time.

He starts chemo  next week. Thankfully he can get his infusion at our local hospital rather than having to travel 100 miles  each way .

JIm had always resisted chemo but the oncologist showed him how , after being stable for 21/2years , the cancer in his lung had grown between the two scans he had recently.

• Sad 1

Griff, would a knee support help at all? Nothing worse than painful knees, it makes you feel so unstable.

Sorry to hear about Murphy...hope you can keep him comfortable for as long as possible.   Do be certain they really feel the chemo will help Jim and they aren't just offering it because they think he expects some sort of treatment. From what I gather from relatives and friends who've had it, it can make you feel absolutely horrendous and there isn't always that much benefit.  

Hope the dogs soon perk up Jazz, I can cope with messes better than I can with vomit, makes me one to heave as well!

Oncologist appt on Friday..Philip has the day off to come with me and the appt is 9.10 so I should be pretty much on time..in theory!

Hi Loobie 👋 I'm sorry to read you lost Ashley 💔

blackmagic I hope Murphy will feel better on the new meds and still has some decent quality time left with you.

Poor Jim. I'm thinking of him and wishing the best for his treatments.

Suzeanna goid luck with your appointment. We will be here willing you on.

9am is a good appointment time Jazz. Early enough for the surgeon not to be too far behind. 

Aren't the nights drawing in!