UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August here! No one's noticed me!

suzeanna

had a busy  couple of days last weekend with visitors but they enjoyed themselves, despite the language barrier.

It was their first time out of Romania and were amazed at the  shades of green in the vegetation. They have grass for a month or two.  Outside that it is too hot or too cold.

My nephew went gluten free  and says he feels much better for it. He is a PE teacher who plays sport in his free time so needs his health and energy.

I cut down some overgrown rhododendrons yesterday. They were taking over the  bit of garden.  The space is bigger now. Some branches were thick and were difficult yo cut, Last night and this morning I could hardly move my right arm.   It is slightly better now but my elbow is painful.

JIm is still in a lot of pain in his chest. She thinks it is scarring from the drain removal and should resolve itself. 

After we told her about our last appointment fiasco she   contacted the oncologist and he agreed to another CT and blood test before his appointment on Tuesday. Only problem was the CT machine was broken. It  was fixed on Friday so a scan was arranged for  Monday.  I think she is just being  cautious- I hope so.
Meantime he is dozed up with Morphine and anti inflammatories and spends more time asleep then awake.

I hope you can return to normal life soon , griff. Having nightmare neighbours is no fun.  You should be able to lead your own life without interference from people like that.

• Like 4

More good thoughts being sent for Jim. Feeling your arm pain too. I'm cutting back a lot of bushes to open up the garden a bit more. Rhododendron is next on my list when we get a drier day. That's why we have all the shades of green up here - rain! Pleased your visitors appreciated it though.

Griff - definitely prescribing beer for you. Glad your dad's car survived the loony neighbours last night. Fingers crossed they calm down for a bit.

Hope Molly is settling in at the foster home Jazz.

I won't be getting Harvey the old staffie boy I was after. The rescue don't have any volunteers in my area. I did point them in the direction of Animal Homechecks UK which is run by Michelle, who also runs Oldies Club and used to be on here but they're not interested. I also told them I had adopted Nick from a local rescue and maybe they could use one of their homecheckers but no, that wasn't an option either. Oh, well, one day I will get my old staffie boy.

Awwwww Eve, talk about p**sing on my chips!! Your home would be awesome for him!! My vet was always willing to stand as a referee for me and I never got turned down..such a shame, if you want a non judgemental rescue my friend runs Jan's dog rescue in Coventry and re-home nationally...such a shame

Chocolate and coffee sound good, Jazz. Not so keen on the beer .

Eve, you wonder if some rescues really want to rehome some dogs. They put up obstacles instead of working to sort them. I have answered requests for home checking up here for rescues I do not know. They have been happy to supply details of what they want checked. Being in such a rural area in the far north it is only recently that there has been a local rescue so folks had to go further afield. For breed rescue they still have to.

When I adopted from IRR  they had nobody in the Fife area and  hadn't had any success finding somebody. They asked me is I knew anybody who could do it. I suggested  one of the local rescues and the lady there obliged. She knew me by association with my dog training class. A lot of her rehomed came to them. But we had never met. It  was a very short homecheck . She did say of it had been anybody else it was have been much more.

I was asked recently, by IRR, if I knew anybody who could do a homecheck on Mull. I didn't but they said they would manage  somehow - a different attitude.  

Being volunteers is no excuse. All the ones I have dealt with were volunteers but they go all out fro the dogs.

It is a shame for Harvey but there will be another dog out there waiting for you.