UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August here! No one's noticed me!

suzeanna

Hope you are soon all on your way Owl.

I agree with you Suzeanne. I wouldn't want to know.

Ruby goes back for the results on Sept. 4th (there or thereabouts) Our surgery contacted her the other day to ask her to go in for a blood test as the surgeon has requested it. She had one before the scan too and they did say that her remaining kidney function wasn't brilliant. We think the surgeon is just double checking.

I've lost 6lbs this week. I was going to have a celebratory cake but then thought better of it 😂

• Haha 2

Just to let you all know that the dogs arrived and I drove through vile weather and jams and lane closures to hand them over to next driver who came to meet me at Barlborough. Just have to slog forward another 18 miles cross country to reach home..

• Thanks 2

Yantan that is a lot of weight to lose. I have only lost 4 pounds but with any luck may lose more as for the past week have been cutting out gluten, which has given me more energy but left me wondering what the heck to eat, most of the time.

morning all you lovely people xxxx

going to be a nice day out there.

im waiting on parcels. I won surf laundry products and 71 chocolate bars. lewis will be happy, he gets the yorkie bars

the grooming arm came. it doesn't fit on the dining table. but does on my little table. Wont put mouse on there but the others will be ok

Owl it was partly due to me being I'll last weekend when I was unable to eat much.

I've gone gluten free too as I've become gluten sensitive. Coeliac disease runs in my family. 

There are quite a few gluten free products out there but they are rather costly. I buy an occasional gluten free loaf. I have gluten free cereals like cornflakes and rice krispies and granola for breakfast. 

There's a brand called Amy and I love their tinned soups some of which are also gluten free and they are vegan too. They also do a range of vegetarian/vegan frozen food with gluten free options.

I can ask Evie's mum for more ideas if you like as she is both vegan and gluten free and also studying to become a nutritionist. 

Yay. It is not raining 😁

• Like 1

My aunt had coeliac and my sister is on the Wahls diet which has reversed her Parkinsons. Besides not eating gluten she can only eat certain kinds of diary, she is casein sensitive and can have butter and sheep cheese but not cows milk or cheese.  But she can eat meat. I hate gluten free bread but can eat spelt and sourdough breads so am ok there. I know the Amy's foods. They are very good but not all are for me as I have problems with lentils and beans. Currently I am living on gluten free porridge, gluten free muesli, vegetable soup, nuts, seeds and fruit, plus baked spuds, mushrooms, tomatoes, avocados, peppers and some green veg but have to be careful of that.  I seem to be ok on butter and cheese if I don't eat too much.  At the reserve cafe they always have gluten free cakes and peanut slices etc but have owlproofed them by bunging chocolate in. I have fortunately found some peanut protein bars in Asda which are choc-free for emergency snacks.

Still recovering from the transport run yesterday.Both the dogs are doing fine at the rescue. They both slept through most of the journey.

Owl you can Nakd bars in most supermarkets now. They have a great range of flavours and are gluten, wheat and dairy free. A tad expensive at around £2 a pack of 4 but very tasty. Also Trek bars are gluten free and very nice but very small at around 90p a bar.