UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August here! No one's noticed me!

suzeanna

Morning all

Raining here!!

On my own today, dad's gone back to work...they have cancelled their holiday at the end of the month, they said they would worry about going and leaving me here...I did say I would be fine but they weren't happy

I know it will be me next, he made that very plain before but I just don't like that they are affecting how my parents live their lives.

Mum spoke to a lady at work and mentioned the pub, the lady sort of went funny and mum says oh you know them then?? Friends are you?? The lady said no, her husband used to drink there, apparently he was sat with a drink and some overweight woman who looks like a man came over to him and told him to "f##kin get out, he had been told to drink up and go and if he didn't move he would f##kin regret it!!" The man hadn't been asked to finish his drink... nobody had spoken to him at all, just goes to show the people they are, that's the one who turned up the day he threatened me...she obviously thinks she is handy lol.

They're getting out of hand Griff. I can't believe that the police are not taking this seriously - are they waiting till you're physically assaulted?

Managed to get Cooper out for his walk when the rain died down a bit but the heavens opened again so it wasn't a long one. The other two wouldn't set foot outside after that. Meant to be drier this afternoon so hopefully will get them out then. Luckily they've been out for a wee earlier. They're all curled up together on the sofa now.

Hope the weather's not too bad for your transport run Owl.

Tiz pizzen down here too Eve. 

I'm waiting for Sainsbury's to bring the weekly shop.

It's a year today since Ruby had her surgery. Hasn't that flown in!

Nice one Owl on the transport. I used to do quite a lot of that running anywhere between Charnock Richard on the M6 and Abingdon on the M74 with the occasional Trailie run to Norfolk. That was when I had my roomy Volvo estate. I don't think I'd get many Trailhounds in Poppy Panda!

Wow a year already!!!! My goodness, that has gone quickly

I have never done a transport run...I don't drive and if I sent my dad he would fetch the dog home!! He was telling the receptionist at the vets he wants a puppy!! I went nuts lol

Eve, my 2 don't do rain either

As for the police, I doubt even when I get hurt they will do anything....I tell you what though, they better do a proper job because I will pay them back tenfold! I did chase the police up yesterday via 101 and I am going to try and drop the thank you card into the main police station for the nice one who kept calling me chick lol... hopefully he will take the case on

I was reading in the paper earlier about a poor woman who phoned the police and reported her ex boyfriend over a dozen times as he was threatening to kill her.  They didn't even go and speak to him.  Guess what? He waylaid her one night and stabbed her to death. I despair of the police these days, I really do.

That year has gone quickly, when will Ruby get her results? I see the oncologist next Friday...someone asked me if I was going to ask for a prognosis but I don't think so.  I was told about 16 months ago that I had mets and apparently the average life span after diagnosis is 2 to 3 years.  I don't really want that confirmed! (could someone slow time down a bit, please?)

Candy is getting a fair bit of exercise despite the rain as the squirrels keep coming into the garden and she goes charging after them.  No doubt if she caught one she'd come off worse, they have sharp little teeth.

Suzeanna, you know what you have is not cureable...you don't need a date in your head, take each day as it comes and enjoy it!!

I am not at all surprised by the outcome for that poor lady, it should be a shock but it isn't...and that's the really sad thing, nobody is surprised anymore, we just expect to be let down by systems that are supposed to protect us