UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August here! No one's noticed me!

suzeanna

When we changed our ancient boiler for a new one, it came with the Hive system Yantan...you can control the on/off and temperature from your phone whether you are in the house or not.  Don't have Sky so no problems there but I must confess there are still things on the Smart tv that baffle me.  Funny thing is, my youngest grandson, Jamie, is autistic (he's 5) but where phones, tv etc are concerned he's brilliant. I'll get him to explain the complexities of ours when they come up.

We are planning on getting Hive when we move house. Dawg knows when that will be though as we are no nearer a year after making the decision! 

The central heating came on this morning so the temperature must have dipped below the 12C we have it set it too before it triggers. It's been an awful week weatherwise.  Anyone here on holiday must be fed up with it, especially if they have children in tow.

My DNA sample has been recieved at last. It was only going to Ireland and has taken 8 days to get there. I send things to my friend in Connecticut in far less time than that. And a couple of weeks ago we had a large picture sent over from India and that arrived in just 7 days.  

I might take my little Poppy Panda out for a ride as I haven't used her in over a week. 

Ooooooo Marion, get her out for a run!!

Northern Ireland is quick, southern Ireland is a bit slow... parcels take forever to get to my family.

I have been and collected a starter motor, got soaked with wet socks...I can't stand wet socks!! And made dinner for me and dad... just a salad but he didn't eat much yesterday, now just off to get some cat food... another 4 buses and I am already knackered!

The younger of the 2 showed up next door today, was there for literally 1 minute... just opened the porch door, got mail and left....never ever do that! Obviously scared to hang about

The insurance have collected dad's car.... keep everything crossed we get it back

I went out to give Poppy Panda a run and decided against when I saw all the cars on the street jockeying for position. I forgot that when it rains incessently  for hours all the tourists crowd into town.  Had I moved Pops I would never have got parked afterwards.

Maybe the F.U.F realise that they've gone too far Griff. No one around there is going to bother if their property gets damaged. Oh dear. Never mind 😋

• Haha 1

Wispa not please that we did not go anywhere today, but she did tracking on Monday and a long field walk yesterday and we will do a riverside walk tomorrow. Showers and drizzle on and off all day so a quiet day at home. Rather boring for her I am afraid.

Same here with Candy, Owl.  She doesn't mind walking in the rain but I do! Philip is about to take her out now and she'll sulk because she can't go offlead in the field, far too wet.

I saw a bit of the programme Neighbours from Hell, Griff.  Believe it or not, it could be worse for you..but not by much.

Wet all day here today too. Dogs were out on pack walk and dogwalker doesn't put up with their wimpish ways so they had a good run lol

How annoying you can't go out for a drive when you want to Yantan. No wonder you want to move - think of that when your motivation is waning.

Do you think your neighbours have realised they've gone a step too far Griff?

Hope Jazz is ok.

I may have expressed an interest in an elderly staffie boy so we'll see how that progresses......

Nah...he is just scared to be here on his own...to be fair, there's a pretty good chance first opportunity I get I will let rip, the solicitor is just useless.... writing back and forth, we told her what they're like but she said oh I don't think they will do anything