UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August here! No one's noticed me!

suzeanna

Did you have any luck with insurance and police Griff?

Hope you feel less homicidal Jazz lol.

Hope the little dog decides to emerge from deep cover Owl.

Had a nothing sort of day, just a bit of gardening after dog walks. Dogs are now driving me nuts, barking at nothing. Think they must be as bored as me.

Eve, nope....the insurance called and someone did not do something so the car was down for collection. No call from the police...I don't think we will hear from them . The pair of twats turned up today scuse my language..I feckin hate them!!

Can't say I blame you, Griff..any normal person would!

Whilst not dwelling on my mortality, I thought I'd better have a sort out of cupboards to get things as straight as possible and it's amazing the things you find you'd forgotten you had! Two knee supports which would have been handy when my knee went, a big pink lint roller thingy still in it's plastic packaging, and invoices (paid, I might add!) going back years. I've put the instruction manuals for the washing machine and cooker where he can't miss them, as I remember when a friend had to go into hospital for three weeks and I was looking after her 30 odd poms, I got a phone call from her husband asking if I knew how to work their oven..they'd only lived there about 28 years! 

I also found some packets of flower seeds, lord knows how old they are, but I've opened them up and sprinkled them around in the hope that they might do something. They give all these instructions on the pack about a fine tilth, water first etc but I've just stirred up the soil and slung them on.  I'm sure plants don't go through all that rigmarole when they scatter their seeds, and it works ok for them.

• Like 2

Suzeana that reminds me of coming home to find my nanna cleaning and sorting cupboards out. When I asked her why she was doing so much she replied "I'm sorting stuff ready for when I'm not here". Being only in my late teens I thought it was awful and really morbid. Now at 60 it makes much more sense.

If I go before Ruby she will have trouble with the remotes for the TV and Sky box. If she goes first I'll have trouble re-setting the central heating and the clock on the cooker. 

Now we currently don't have any pets we no longer feel pressured to have arrangements in place for them in case we both die before them. 

OMG! I am turning into my nanna! 

• Haha 1

Richard has prepared for when he goes by leaving me a list of bank stuff, solicitors etc. Mainly because he takes care of our finances as that is his area of expertise, being a financial advisor lol. He also does all the technological stuff but I think I could quickly learn all that again as I used to before we got together. He is a good few years older than me with various health problems so it's sod's law I will drop dead first of some unexpected illness and he'll have no idea how to work the washing machine, cooker etc. Maybe I should compile my list too.