UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August here! No one's noticed me!

suzeanna

Hi, everybody.

A lightning strike fried our internet hub on Monday so haven't been able to get online. BT replaced the hub and took the old one back for testing as it became red hot. It didn't cool down when switched off and had to be  totally  disconnected to cool down.

If we had not been in it could have caused a fire so is deemed a health and safety risk. They need to find out why that happened.

I have been  catching up. A lot has happened in 6 days. Can't go over it all but good wishes where needed.

I hope your medicine works, Yantan. It must be very uncomfortable.

Griff, my grandad concealed his real age from my grandmother until he received his old age pension when he had to admit it. He was 18 years older than her , which is why he made out he was younger.

Our visitors have gone out so we are enjoying some down time before heading out to meet up with them .

After torrential rain with the thunder and lightning on Monday It has been rather misty and drizzly on and off for the last few days but reasonably warm. - autumn has definitely set in here.

Murphy had perked up now he is getting the paracetamol so he is to stay on it. He has lost a lot of muscle in one of his back legs which the vet doesn't expect him to get back and he may have a tumour on that leg . . No point in an MRI  scan as we wouldn't do anything further anyway. As long as we can keep him comfortable we will carry on. 

Narrow escape, black magic. Glad you and your house are safe. Hope Murphy can potter along comfortably for as long as possible. 

Very strong winds here and I am hoping Wispa will be content with games in the garden. I went to get a month's supply of raw food for her, then to local shops, drove back and felt tired already. Gales just make me want to sleep, and the truth is that it is taking ages to get over the 2 whiplash injuries and associated shoulder damage.  

Goodness blackmagic. I'm glad you were home to sort out that fried router. 

At least the paracetamol is helping Murphy. I agree with you over not getting an MRI. We were the same with Archie. No way would we put him through either a scan or any treatment after. We would have lost him, he was too frail to go through it all. He was happy, eating well and doing OK - apart from the bouts of reflux which we were able to abate with his antacid.

I finally ate my breakfast at 1pm because I had to take my meds but it's made me more uncomfortable. 

Owl we don't bounce back from injury like we did when we were young. Just keep on taking things slowly.

Wispa wants to go some where interesting but the wind is now nearly 50 mph and I am not keen on driving in it. Although this van is heavier than its predecessor and better in wind, it is still tough on shoulders and neck holding it steady. So not going out. If I had a civilised dog I could walk her round the block, but no chance. Just glad I have the long garden for her to sprint up and down.

Will text chiropractor for an appointment next week in the hope that I have mended enough for her to work on me. 

"Bounce" is the key issue here, Yantan. Because I didn't bounce at the time I can't bounce back. I am usually well practiced in rolling and bouncing martial arts style and getting away with maybe a bruise or two. This time I stood no chance.  One body slam downhill on concrete and one face slam into rear of a car. I am just lucky to be in one piece. A mechanic who saw the car couldn't believe the dent was made by someone's jaw. 

Ouch Owl, I didn't realise your accident was so bad. Gentle healings hugs for you.

We seem to have been a lot luckier than you with the weather Blackmagic. A couple of rainy days but no big thunderstorms and it's been warm and sunny in between. You're a bit further north than me though I think? Must phone my Auntie in Blairgowrie and check she's ok.

Hope you feel better soon Yantan.

I know they say you should strive for balance in your life, but I don't think they were thinking like that, Owl!

Hope you soon feel better Yantan..how annoying that the meds are now prescription only.

Weather down south seems to be wreaking havoc, my son phoned earlier and said lots of trees down and roofs lifting! As for the train line from Manchester into Carlisle, seems to have turned into a canal! Good old British weather.  

My dad's car has just been destroyed, I know I am safe to say in here but it's obviously down to next door, the windscreen, and 2 windows were put through, the roof is dented and I have looked at CCTV and they made no attempt to try and get anything out of the car..not that there is anything in there anyway. I know it was his nephew, obviously I can't prove that however, they have left a hammer behind so fingers crossed that there's a match, no police to attend as we didn't have a good enough description! They will just give me a crime number.

My next door neighbour bless her wishes she had been awake 5 minutes before, I am glad she wasn't as they would be after her. I said it was down to next door but she said give them the benefit of the doubt..I looked at the CCTV it's a targeted attack and I know it's next door that's responsible as we have no issues with anyone else. Given the threats made against me....I daresay I am next..so I would like to say to all of you now, thank you for being such lovely friends... and I do class you all as friends even though we have never met, especially Yantan who has been brilliant over the past couple of months listening to me battle trying to find ways to prove our case with the solicitor..I must have driven you mental!! Well, tomorrow will be spent dealing with the insurance and trying to get all the glass up so nobody's dogs get cut paws

Griff I didn't think they'd go this far but I don't think they would escalate things to impact on your personal safety, although I understand why you would feel threatened. They are nasty bullies who have done nothing other than indimitate you all. I'm sorry you and your parents are having to go through all this. 

I'm feeling a bit better today, not so uncomfortable. I have managed some breakfast, yogurt, fruit and gluten free granola. I've also had a cuppa and a half litre of water as I had so little to eat & drink yesterday I got a nasty headache from dehydration.

Just gonna get a shower now, get dressed and hopefully I will feel more like I'm in the land of the living!