UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July Already!

Jazz

Can hardly believe what I'm reading about what you all have to put up with with doctors. I know I'm lucky in having reasonably good health and not having to see a doctor, but Richard has multiple health problems and disabilities and since we moved to Scotland has only had great consultants and a wonderful GP. Definitely going to stay in this area.

That must have been scary Jazz, hope Mouse is ok now.

Was nice today, warm but not hot. Rain due tomorrow so will save me watering the garden if it does.

We're doing a 'thing' for my dad and Aunty Peggy next weekend. Their ashes are going to be interred in their parents' and little brother's grave in Glasgow then everyone is coming back to Dunoon for a celebration of their lives. Should be quite a party. Been many years since some of the family have seen each other so hopefully lots of reminiscing and catching up. I'm normally a social disaster so have just organised it all and will stand back and let everyone else get on with it. Dogs are my perfect excuse for escaping every now and again to feed/toilet break/spend a bit of time with them lol.

• Like 1

Eve my auntie did a similar thing when my uncle died. Her daughters put up photos all around the house of scenes from my uncle's life which prompted lots of conversations and reminiscing. I hope your dad's goes as well. 

Cool and wet here today with more rain to come according to the forecast.

Lol Jazz...I have already kicked off once this week and for the first time in 19 years...I proper lost control.. the person on the receiving end was a bit taken aback...I had warned them not to push me to the point where I flipped as when I go I go...still makes me smile the look of shock on his face lol

Owl, absolutely pelting it down here too

Suzeanna...you never know...might do the pain in your leg some good!

Jack...my racing pigeon has come back, he is going to need a home soon with bad weather coming back.... thinking about a dovecote, will have to check with Les my pigeon man

Edited by griff

Didn't read back properly...I'm sure the celebration of your dad and Auntie's lives will be wonderful Eve, and you will be a perfect hostess.  Just imagine you are an actress playing a role, not yourself feeling a social misfit! It's surprising how many successful actors say that as themselves they are nervous and insecure, but when they are being someone else, they are fine.

Since Candy knocked me off balance my left knee, always dodgy since my teens, has been giving me trouble.  I was just getting dry after my bath, crossed my knee over the other leg and there was this interesting crunch  😬 and now it's not hurting.  Long may it last!

Oooo that sounds promising Sue *fingers crossed* 

I have spent the day with Rob & Nick at The Gnoll home to Neath RFC watching a sell out game between Wales All Stars and Lions All Stars for Paul James' testimonial year. Loads of world class rugby greats in attendance JPR Williams, Alun Wyn Jones, James Hook, Sonny Parker, Lee Byrne & Shane Williams to name just a few and refereed by Nigel Owens who fair play to him also reffed the under 11's game at half time so didn't get a break. Tommy Bowe stood by us several times lord that man just gets more & more attractive with age.  

Well done Suzeanna...self chiropractic treatment lol

Snow...no clue who those people are but if they are fit...I may have a Google lol

Do you remember me saying I reported the fella who pee'd on the bus and out by the flats? My mate lives in the block and she saw him going in the other day...she waited in her car to ensure he was well out the way.....she walked up the stairs to find him..trousers and pants round his ankles flashing her! She was very taken aback so didn't batter him but called the police and housing association..he has since fallen down drunk outside a pub...on level ground and broke his ankle apparently. She said the old her being a single mum would have kicked crap out of him but she feels quite intimidated by it...I said it's because there's no other way out of the block of flats..she has to go in and out past his place

Had to google Tommy Bowe but agree Snow, he is a bit lovely.

I will be that actress Suzeanne, I know you understand exactly how I feel lol. Glad the 'crunch' made your knee feel better. It's a very satisfying feeling.

Ooh that's horrible for your mate Griff. The bloke either needs sectioning or evicted. No one should have to live feeling intimidated by their neighbours.

What did your neighbours do to wind you up so much Jazz?

Not been too wet here today. Enough to water the garden though, so one less job to do

Eve...yes it is, she said she wished she had her grand daughter with her as she would have flipped....I said but  the little one would have had so many questions..what was his thing..why did he do that and why did nanny kick the crap out of him! I will give her my number and tell her to call me when she goes in or out..put me on loudspeaker, I will give him a mouthful and will follow it up with a personal visit. One of the tenants tried to defend him saying...his belt broke...o.k, possible, your trousers would fall down but your pants too?? Errr nah, he flashed her proper...poor her!

Edited by griff