UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July Already!

Jazz

So for once I am happy to be in west of Scotland lol. Was meant to be 27c at it's hottest today but we had a bit of a breeze so was really quite bearable in the shady bits in the garden. Took the dogs down the beach this morning so they had a splash about in the water and a good wander about as it was quite cool down there. They were happy enough with that.

Lovely to 'see' you again Snow and hear your news. Well done on the weight loss and the all clear on the lungs. Keep saying I'll give up smoking - one day - but that day hasn't come yet.

Really hope Katie is better tomorrow Jazz.

Good thoughts to all that are suffering with the heat. So glad I'm not in France anymore as it really is unbearable there. Feeling lucky that it's warm here but not the scorching heat you're all having to cope with.

No rain here last night. We wuz robbed :( 

But started the day on a happy note. A young lab who went awol in Clumber Park yesterday was found by his mum first thing this morning. This may or may not have had anything to do with the sausages my friend Chrissie was frying up in middle of night to keep him in the area. 

did she have people going to her too? I know I would have lol

we had 5 minutes of rain just as I was putting them in the garden for their first wee. kevin is terrified of going out there in rain so he hasn't been yet. even though it hasnt rained since

Still reading 26 on the landing upstairs, but much fresher outside.  I just couldn't sleep, kept getting up and putting a cold flannel on the back of my neck.  I'm horrified by the number of articles I'm reading about dogs being walked in the heat of the day and collapsing.  Why are people so stupid?

Griff's been quiet...all ok there? 

Hot and sticky  yesterday and although cloudy today it is  still too muggy.

I was sweating sitting in the lounge with the  blinds shut.

The same this morning.

I went to take the dogs out about 9pm last night when it had cooled down a bit but Murphy would not go out the back door. 

He would not go out this morning either. He does not do heat.

We have not had the rain or thunder they keep promising us. Maybe that would clear the air a bit.

We  saw our GP last night and he was disgusted by the oncologist fiasco. He has a very low opinion of Raigmore hospital as  it is. He says  it is not entitled to be  called Raigmore and should be Raigless.

• Like 1

Its a bit cooler here this morning thankfully - I slept under a wet towel again last night. Off to see the nurse this morning be interesting to see if her readings match my own, so far I've lost another 3 lb this week and dropped another cm off my waist measurement so thats 4 cm lost since I saw her 4 weeks ago. Mind you that was when I got up and was naked and cooler and hadn't yet drunk anything by the time I go see her I'll have finished this litre bottle of water I'm drinking so I suspect I'll have expanded 😂

Hi Snow, good for you with the smoking and weightloss

Was boiling here yesterday...I had to get 2 buses over to Steve's.... luckily nobody smelly sat near meas I would have chucked

Owl... lovely the dog has been found

Jazz, hope Katie feels better soon

Blackmagic, do Scotland have a pals service? Won't do much good I suppose but put in a complaint

Eve, I think we were in our thirties here yesterday, it was nice except for the bit where I had to walk to the chippy and back

Suzeanna...not having a brilliant time, not health issues.. just me

That must have been scary Jazz. 

Well I am buzzing the nurse is so much more positive, supportive and happy to talk than the GP and her readings were even better than mine and her BP reading showed the one the GP did on Wednesday was nowhere near what my readings usually are which I had told the GP who wouldn't allow for the heat or how much I was swollen in the heat etc. and who decided to prescribe me a 2nd BP medication whose side effects are swollen feet and hands! Exactly what I do not need they are bad enough already - nurse suggested I see the GP again with the new reading and discuss if the 2nd pill is really needed. She also confirmed that my cholesterol levels are pretty good at 4.2 and was surprised my GP wanted me to take a statin (which I've refused 3 times now).  Her scales with me fully clothed weighed me less than my one at home did this morning and my waist measurement she said was 6cm less! whooo hooo 😀 She said it's clear I am doing exactly what they have asked of me and then some! Whilst I know I have its bloody great or them to recognise it and see that I am cooperating with all the advice I have been given. She also agreed with me that the NHS weight chart goal for me is totally unrealistic and is happy to go along with the goal I have set myself. 😃