UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July Already!

Jazz

2 hours ago, Yantan said:

Griff calling your dad after a well known paedophile is slander and what those 2 are doing amounts to harassment.  Try and get your parents to at least let the solicitor know about this. The best thing you can do is record their antics as you are planning to do. 

Good luck Jazz. 

Good heavens Suzeanna, that's not the sort of day anyone wants!

black magic did Jim get an ear bashing over the slip or did you let him off seeing as he's poorly? Quite a drive for you all the same. How's he doing?

I am taking a break from the genealogy as I am confuddling myself with names that are the same as previous generations. Just need to clear my head for a while.

No, our GP is very friendly and easy going. He is not popular with a lot of people as he is not interested if you are not really ill but he is excellent if you are ill. We get on well with him.particularly JIm as our GP was a colorectal surgeon before he became a GP so was able to fill in a lot of the gaps in JIm's condition and treatment since he knows about it all.

You also need to understand his dry sense of humour. 

He spends 10 minutes discussing  shooting with JIm then 5 minutes on  his consultation!.

Unfortunately, he retires next year. The remaining partner is also very good but is more business like.

He just wanted to make sure he had asked for the all the required results so we just had to hand in the form.

Our surgery is 16 miles away but give excellent service which is not available else where nowadays. We can often get a same day appointment.

JIm forgot it once before  with the nurse but I was at home so she phoned and asked me to read off the slip what was requested.

Jim is in a lot of pain from the chest drain so is on Morphine. During the day he  says it is no too bad , If he is doing something he can forget about it but he was waking up during the night with severe pain in his chest and not able to get any more sleep. So he now has one slow release tablet during the day and a triple one at night. This combination seems to be working without making him too sleepy during the day. But he usually falls asleep at some time. Hence he is not driving.

There is no more drainage from his chest  and he is counting the days until it is removed which should be the middle of August.

• Like 2

I hope Jim continues to do well

Thanks all, I convinced my mum after nagging to email the police for advice, I have bought a dictaphone

Funeral went well, I as laughing as someone left their phone on and it rang right at the point of the curtains closing, Jim would have found that funny

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blackmagic said:

No, our GP is very friendly and easy going. He is not popular with a lot of people as he is not interested if you are not really ill but he is excellent if you are ill. We get on well with him.particularly JIm as our GP was a colorectal surgeon before he became a GP so was able to fill in a lot of the gaps in JIm's condition and treatment since he knows about it all.

You also need to understand his dry sense of humour. 

He spends 10 minutes discussing  shooting with JIm then 5 minutes on  his consultation!.

Unfortunately, he retires next year. The remaining partner is also very good but is more business like.

He just wanted to make sure he had asked for the all the required results so we just had to hand in the form.

Our surgery is 16 miles away but give excellent service which is not available else where nowadays. We can often get a same day appointment.

JIm forgot it once before  with the nurse but I was at home so she phoned and asked me to read off the slip what was requested.

Jim is in a lot of pain from the chest drain so is on Morphine. During the day he  says it is no too bad , If he is doing something he can forget about it but he was waking up during the night with severe pain in his chest and not able to get any more sleep. So he now has one slow release tablet during the day and a triple one at night. This combination seems to be working without making him too sleepy during the day. But he usually falls asleep at some time. Hence he is not driving.

There is no more drainage from his chest  and he is counting the days until it is removed which should be the middle of August.

I know before I had my second breast surgery, when they intended to remove all the lymph nodes from under my arm, one surgeon used drains afterwards and one didn't.  I was meant to be having the latter, but she was ill leading up to the surgery and I was dreading having Ciaran Hollywood instead.  The relief when I heard the click of Julia Massey's heels coming down the ward was immense, I'd heard a lot of horror stories about the pain with drains, Jim has my sympathy..not that it will help him any.  Bet he can't wait to get it out.

Glad your mum got in touch with the police Griff, that could easily escalate out of control, and that you got the dictaphone. Also pleased you got a laugh at the funeral.

Shame your GP is retiring next year Blackmagic. He sounds perfect for Jim. Fingers crossed Jim will have improved so much it won't be an issue.

My step daughter in law (is that a thing?) is writing a novel and asked me to proof read it for her. I've done it before for her for short stories she's written which were ok but not my cup of tea. Luckily she just wanted me to check for grammar, punctuation and spelling mistakes and not give a critique as I thought it was truly awful. She's a lovely girl and determined to be an author so I'll always encourage her to achieve her dream but I don't think this book is going to get her there.

I hope the chiropractor can sort you out quickly Owl.  I think I'll give walking Candy a miss, my whole hand aches today, as does my shoulder which obviously was wrenched too. My knee is a bit swollen but not too badly.  She won't suffer greatly, we have a good sized garden and when Philip comes home he takes her to the park, then over the fields in the evening. 

Peace in the neighbourhood will disappear after Friday, the local schools break up! Couple over the road with six kids always have them playing out the front, despite having a large back garden and they aren't quiet kids, and now the older ones have friends who turn up too.  They are found of riding their bikes down the middle of the road, pulling wheelies...not clever when you're on a bus route!

I've been trying discreetly to find out if they still have the german shepherd, certainly haven't seen or heard it since the day he gave it a good hiding.  I don't want to be too obvious about it, as if they do still have it I intend to get in touch with the RSPCA and I don't want things rebounding on me.

im trying to help my friend with her dogs, sort transport, and help another friend who has been made homeless. I still must concentrate. went to dunk my biscuit in my coffee, but gave it to katie instead. she doesn't mind

katie. you know, the old little yorkie with no teeth? jut grabbed merlins treat, a huge pigs inner ear, and is loving it. poor merlin I moaning to me. he wont have a new one, wants that one. you have no chance lol

lol @ Jazz. I'm sure Katie didn't mind one bit. What a caring friend you are.

You're doing the right thing having a day off from walking Candy Suzeanna. Give yourself a chance to heal. Don't envy you with your neighbours kids either. I'm lucky living in a quiet street.

Hope the visit to the chiropracter helps Owl.

Bit cloudy here today, but still quite warm. Dogs are out with the dogwalkers and Richard's gone across the water for a hospital appointment and I should be getting on and doing stuff.....