UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July Already!

Jazz

We were busy in the garden yesterday so today, I'll mainly be up to having a rest!  My back is twanging, so I'll hobble round with Candy for her walk and then be an idle slob and sit in the conservatory in the sun and read my Kindle!  Oh..and better make sure I have some elasticated waist trousers to wear on Wednesday, you cant wear anything with zips etc for a CT scan.  What about you, Yantan, got an exciting day planned?

• Like 1

I feel like trash, but got to go to the library and pray their photocopier is working so I can get the benefit letters copied and get it all sent off

did you see he PPI ad with arnies head, in a bus stop? that is opposite the library. my old house is the row behind it

Suzeanna that sounds like a good day to me. Enjoy your read in the conservatory :thumbsup_still:  I should be sorting my bedroom out and boxing some of my books up but I am going to do family history research instead as my Ancestry subscription runs out at the end of this month and I want to find as much as possible.

I hope you make it to the library OK Jazz and the photocopier is working.

Had first decent night's sleep since the neck strain. Not so good walking around, so pacing myself today. Going to get another of those velour neck pillows from Aldi for when this one is in the wash.  They are my new friends :) 

Enjoy your lazy day Suzeanna..well earnt

Owl, pleased you had a better night

Jazz, hope you get your paperwork copied

Enjoy your ancestry research Yantan

I am off to my friend Jim's funeral, my dad was coming with me but due to next door I have to go on my own, I am stopping at  Sainsbury's to grab 2 dictaphones...£60 I don't have but I need to catch them at it. Dad dropped the car off last night and as he walked round the front of the house they got out the car and said watch out here's Gary glitter.... about my dad! They were then waving at my mum and were parked facing up the road in the direction of their home..they did no more than turn the car round, drive past my parents house very slowly and then pulled up into the pub car park...they must have then realized there's CCTV and drove off, I have begged my parents to report it or put it on record with the solicitor but they won't...I am trying to get them to understand that the police will treat the first thing we report as a one off but they won't listen to me... Steve said immediately last night to report it to the police but again, my parents refuse to listen

sorry your still having trouble xx

brian has lost 3 baby teeth today. the vet wont need to do as much on Friday. his adult ones are coming through with babies still there so hes going to take the babies out

paperwork is done and sent recorded delivery. no more I can do but wait to see if I still get my benefits

Griff, I'm sorry but if your parents are too stubborn (or too afraid of the consequences) to report them, then there's nothing you can do.  Wash your hands of it, it's their problem not yours. Speaking of hands, how's your wrist?

My day hasn't gone quite as planned.  Took Candy for a walk, with several stops to get my leg back into working order then when we got home I went towards the back door to put a poo bag in the bin and instead of coming with me the little bat yanked towards the front door.  She's surprisingly strong for her size and caught me totally off guard, my dodge left kneecap promptly dislocated and I was sooo close to falling over and headbutting the wall, plus I've got a nice bruise at the base of my thumb where the lead tightened round it! I confess I yelled at her and I'm ashamed to say I slapped her, not that it seemed to bother her.  Thankfully my kneecap went out and back in again, it didn't get stuck out which would have been a nightmare.

Glad things are looking up for you Owl, those neck pillows are a good idea.  

Right..off for a lie down.  Nothing can happen to me in bed, can it?  Oops...just remembered, Owl!

Hope the ouchies go away soon.

After several wet, murky days we have summer today! 22degrees at  the moment.

JIm went to get blood taken this morning.  He canlt drive due to taking morphine so I am doing all the driving at present.

He forgot the slip so we had to come home for it and go back- 1 hour round trip each time.

Then  did some gardening for an hour but it got too hot so I have had lunch and am relaxing inside where it is cooler.

Griff calling your dad after a well known paedophile is slander and what those 2 are doing amounts to harassment.  Try and get your parents to at least let the solicitor know about this. The best thing you can do is record their antics as you are planning to do. 

Good luck Jazz. 

Good heavens Suzeanna, that's not the sort of day anyone wants!

black magic did Jim get an ear bashing over the slip or did you let him off seeing as he's poorly? Quite a drive for you all the same. How's he doing?

I am taking a break from the genealogy as I am confuddling myself with names that are the same as previous generations. Just need to clear my head for a while.

• Like 1

40C on our patio this afternoon. Only 21 in house. I have just watered tomatoes in polytunnels at reserve and had lunch here. Now off home to face sulky cross dog who is not being walked until this eve. 

I'd forgotten GG was a paedophile, Griff that's not just slander it could be dangerous.  If other people hear them say that..people who don't know your dad and know that it's rubbish..things could escalate.  There have been a few cases in the news of people wrongly accused of that sort of thing who have been attacked by a mob and badly hurt. There are always people around ready to believe the worst of someone with little or no proof. I'd point this out to your parents as a last ditch attempt to make them report it.

Hope you didn't find the funeral too upsetting Griff. x

Edited by suzeanna