UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July Already!

Jazz

Good start to the day Jazz, hope it continues!

I looked up the side effects of my chemo drug just to see if muscle problems were listed and noticed a small link to a site for medics rather than patients.  Well, that was informative! I needed a dictionary a couple of times but the side effects they list as common don't even appear on the list for the patient. Explains a few things, but it makes me angry.  Do they think we are too thick or what?  Considering that your bone marrow stopping functioning is a common effect of longer term therapy (yep, me) it would be nice to be warned.  As for vasculitis...one effect of which is Wegeners, Griff...not sure I really wanted to know that. Ho hum...whatever as they say.  I can't change to another drug as this is the only one suitable for me so I'll just have to cross my fingers and anything else crossable!

Lol...we could be weggy buddies lol. Same as my treatment, I go full on mental...like I properly scare myself, looked at side effects..nothing, googled it...oh yeah most people turn into nut jobs. When I first got with Steve he said I was schizo, I went to the Dr as I knew I wasn't right, she reassured me I hadn't got schizophrenia...I know it's the medication as I stopped taking it for 2 weeks and I was so much happier and Steve noticed the difference. He really does put up with a lot from me, not sure I would still be speaking to him if it was the other way round, he can be a selfish nob but at least he is understanding that it's not really me. I just wish they would be honest about everything..I mean it's not like we can say we aren't taking it as no treatment means you die but at least we would understand why we behave the way we do and can earn friends and family

• Like 1

I thought Mrs Hughes was very funny Suzeanna. I will look out for more of her stuff.

Jazz buy yourself a roll of bubble wrap and roll yourself up in it! I hope the ouchies aren't too painful. That's great news that Brian is putting on weight. 

I was at the doc's this morning and the first thing she said as I walked in was "hello, did you have a nice time in York?" I don't know if she had made a note that I was going or she just remembered but I thought it was great that she asked.  Anyway upshot of my appointment is that I am now to take a tablet for my asthma and then see the nurse in 6 weeks time for an asthma review to see how I am going on. 

On the subject of oldies, my friend who does border terrier rescue put a very old one in foster with her 90+ year old mum last year and they are so happy together. Friend visits morning and evening to check on them both.  It had always been a worry to the family that their mum refused to have heating on however cold it was, as she maintained she didn't need it. Last winter the heating was kept on as mum wanted to keep the dog warm! Problem solved.

I am in the wars again and bubble wrap won't solve it as I was in bed and should have been safe enough there. Woke up yesterday morning with agonising pain all down right side from head to foot. Eventually I realised that I had strained or twisted both my neck and right shoulder. Feels like trapped nerve, icy cold. Chiropractor away on hols, just my luck. I have an appointment for Tuesday so will just have to take it easy until then. I have wrapped a wrist and hand support band around my neck which has helped quite a bit, and a neck brace is arriving tonight.

2 hours ago, griff said:

Montelukast Yantan? Mum has found that really helped her

It is Griff. I remember now that you said to me once before that your mum was on it and found it good. Hope it works for me. 

Owl! Good heavens, I hope you are soon much better but it sounds awfully painful. Take it easy, though I expect you can do nowt else anyway.

• Like 1

I have had some very good news and am a happy owl. I have been helping some nice people catch a stray cat who appeared for his breakfast yesterday with a serious eye injury. They had been gaining his confidence for quite a while, but whatever happened to him yesterday had made him very frightened. I borrowed a trap and took it to them at 3.30 and by 5 they had trapped him. He is now at the vet. I am sure he will lose the eye but he is a strong cat so should pull through. 

• Like 2