UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July Already!

Jazz

been to the shops, got all but the poop scoop. ill look in tescos tomorrow

place looks ok, but I can smell poo, cant find it.

dogs all have bad stomachs, so they cant have the big treats any more, they need cutting up

No one's trodden in some and got it their fur have they Jazz?

The doc I saw on Tuesday has given me some high strength ibuprofen gel to rub on..not doing a thing! He says if it's no better in a couple of weeks of using that then come back but I don't see the point to be honest.  Since the senior docs at the surgery both left, we now have majority Muslim doctors who work on a rotation between six different surgeries so you never get the same one twice and by the time you've explained things your ten minutes is pretty much up.  I had to have a blood test yesterday in preparation for the CT scan next week and was saying how much things have changed to the phlebotomist,  who's pretty much the only person I recognise these days.  She said yes things have changed a lot, and not for the better.  Several nurse practitioners have left as they couldn't tolerate the way the new GP's spoke to them.  Sorry if this sounds racist but if they are brought up in a culture where women aren't respected they aren't going to change just because they are now over here. Having said that, the guy I saw gave me his first name, and when I muttered about the joys of getting old, he said mature..not old.  

I'm not looking forward to next Wednesday, I have to get a blood test at the hospital prior to my haemo appt on Friday, that's at 2.30, then at 3.10 I have the scan.  Trouble is the departments are a looong way apart, I'll be crawling by the time I get to the scan!

Suzeanna, Could it be muscle pain?

A radox bath is great for sore muscles.

If that helped you could enquire about taking magnesium supplement or get magnesium oil  to rob on.

It rained all day yesterday and this morning. But we didn''t  get the thunder and lightning we were warned about.

It is horribly muggy though and the midges are  out.

• Like 1

Blackmagic, the doc did say it could be muscular, but then it could take months to recover.  He also said it could be linked to the chemo I take but I don't see why it should suddenly affect me affect the years I've been on it.  I have Epsom salts I've been chucking in the bath, that's magnesium but I could try taking some tablets too.

I remember when our little black pom Pepsi got a wasp stuck in her coat, it stung her about three times before we got the dratted thing out. 

Gosh you're all in the wars. Hope you're not hurting too much Jazz and Mouse's paw isn't too painful. I can see the benefit of most insects but wasps and midges aren't included!

Thanks for the tip Suzeanna. I can't believe I've never heard of Smidge before and I live in midge central lol. I'll be getting some of that. And you don't come across as racist at all. It's an honest observation of what you have to deal with on visits to doctors, especially when you feel at your most vulnerable and just want to be treated as an intelligent human being.

Glad you got the skybox fixed Yantan and thank you so much for the physio tip. I'll have a go at that.

Was cloudy here today but nice and sunny now. Popping down the pub for dinner in a bit so looking forward to that. Haven't been out for months so might even put a dress on lol.

Twas thundering here but no rain..so I said brightly to Philip oh you'll be ok taking Candy for a walk.  Oops! The heavens opened when he too far from home to make it worth turning round, two drowned rats came back in! Luckily Candy doesn't mind getting wet and he was planning on having a bath, but he was soaked through to the skin.

Eve, there is a daily midge report of all things, by the Scottish midge warning lot, they are the ones who developed Smidge. www.smidgeup.com/midge-forecast 

Hope you enjoy your dinner and getting a dress on!

Well done for fixing the box, Yantan.  Saves the call out charge for an engineer.

Jazz, are you safe to be alone? You're one disaster after another! Hope you aren't suffering too much.

im covered in bruises, always doing something lol

its a thing when I take a dog to the vets, they take one look at me and say are you sure its the dog needing help lol

if the doctor rings early enough, brian is having his jabs. lewis will take him otherwise, well, hes driving so will be there anyway, you know what I mean lol

then we are going shopping and getting the paperwork copied and sent off. 

badgers owner asked how he was and if hes been adopted yet. no mention of sending money for his transport.