UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July Already!

Jazz

I don't know Suzeanna, she had to ask the Dr if I could be referred and he said she would have to justify it...so I said I can't hold a pen, I am having trouble getting from sitting to standing and as I use crutches it's making it hard for me to be mobile, usually they just leave them I believe

What happened to your wrist Griff?

Aw Cleo, poor girlie. All good thoughts being sent to Jim, Blackmagic, and big hugs for you xx

It's lovely to be back home. Had to hack the grass with the shears before I could could run the lawnmower over it, it had grown so long, but luckily not a very big garden here. Seems to have rained quite a bit while we were away as well so the plants I'd put in are still alive and thriving.

Eve, I have had a ganglion for a couple of years, it's ached and occasionally hurt a little but last week my hand was just agony, I have no clue what I did to it, but I don't often complain about pain but omg, this! I yelp when I try to use it lol, I have just shown my mum and we both think that one of my bones in my hand is slightly out of position so goodness knows what's going on.

If the ganglion has grown maybe it's pressing on nerves, or on a tendon which is now out of line? I know the old cure for a ganglion was whacking it with a heavy book..but I wouldn't recommend that.  If they don't get you a quick appointment maybe whack the doctor instead!

Had a shock yesterday...a woman smiled and said hello as she passed and I said hello back, but thought who the heck are you? Had another quick look and realised it was someone I do know but boy did she look dreadful.  She's in her mid forties but looks twenty years older, her hair is a mess of dreadlocks and if she gets any thinner she'll go down the plughole if she bathes. Mentioned it to someone else and they shook their heads and said she's not ill, she's taking drugs.  So very sad, she used to be so attractive and confident.  I know her marriage broke down and she lost her job, but I'm stunned that no one in her family has stopped her getting so bad.  

Suzeanna, that is the saddest thing, to see someone go downhill like that.

Yantan, glad you liked the photos. Taken from banks of river Torne, where I often walk Wispa as you can see anyone coming half a mile away, so there is time to clip lead on and space to get down bank out of the way. 

Griff, I do hope you get a referral quickly.

Edited by owl

The story about Cleo reminds me of a missing dog case we had in Wales. Some guys in a van visited a farm asking if any scrap metal was available and then went on their way. Immediately afterwards a pregnant malamute disappeared, and after a search of farmhouse and yard revealed nothing, it was assumed that the scrappers had taken her. Publicity everywhere, searches everywhere, nothing. Her people were desperate as she was due to whelp any time. 

The farmer went into the spare bedroom to have a moment to clear his head and work out next move. Sat on the bed, and there was a noise from underneath. Malamute had decided it was a good place to whelp, but got herself wedged. 

• Haha 2

Dogs can be very contrary when it comes to whelping.  We had one litter from our dobe (I know, I know, but it was 30 odd years ago!) and we'd made her a nice comfy area in the spare bedroom with newspaper, blankets etc.  She was near her time but I had to work so a friend up the lane said she'd check in on her before I got home at lunch time.  Well, I got a phone call..she's had two already, but behind the bedroom door on the bare floor! Ann very bravely picked them up, expecting Saphyre to object, and put them on the nice bedding.  Nope, back they went into the corner.  By the time I got home there were five, then four more during the afternoon.  We thought that was it  but three more in the evening, then the last two at about midnight! sadly one of the final two was stillborn, but the others were all fine.  Poor Mum was knackered and the vet couldn't believe it when we told him, he'd scanned her and thought 8 maximum.

Suzeanna, trouble with addiction is..you can't help someone who doesn't want help...they have to hit rock bottom before they can begin to realise they need help and in my uncles case he never got to that point when I was in touch with him, he was forced into help as part of his release from prison...he had to live in supervised living, attend meetings and do drugs and drink tests. I thought when they stuck that axe in his head and stabbed him a n his femoral artery that would be his rock bottom...nope, next time the police showed up and it was worse (who would have thought that possible) he had been stabbed in his heart..it was virtually cut in two..the wonderful drs and nurses saved him after him dying twice on the operating table...still wasn't his rock bottom, at that point I cut ties for my own well being

• Sad 2

Yes Owl, my nan tried to help him, my mum did and I did as much as I could. I think he is sober now... well he was the last time I saw him a couple of years ago and I can only hope that's still the case. Through his drink he lost a chance of being involved in his daughter growing up, I have been in more prisons than I care to remember and he has been stabbed countless times..he was told to stop drinking at 18 or he would die quickly... nobody could work out how he was still alive

That's tough to deal with Griff, sounds like you stuck with him as long as you could. Sometimes the hardest thing to do is walk away and let them get on with it.

Been raining here most of today so had a catch up on washing and housework. I had cleaned the house before we went away but sadly a young blackbird had fallen down the chimney while we were gone and was obviously trapped in the house. So lots of bird poo everywhere as the poor thing tried to get out. Upside was no dead flies and insects on the window ledges as there usually is so she had obviously eaten all those, and there was water in a dog bowl for her to drink from, but unfortunately we didn't get back in time to save her. Feel really sad about that as she hadn't been dead that long when we found her. RIP little blackbird.

• Sad 1

Awww Eve, poor birdie and poor you for finding them

Hmmmm it's difficult knowing you turned your back on someone you love and actually Anthony was my favourite uncle, he was always fun and I remember distinctly being 7 years old, he had just been released from prison... again! And my grandad used to pick us up from school, Anthony came out of the car to get us....all 6ft 9 of him, the teacher refused to let me go but my grandad waved and said it was o.k....all my friends thought he was a real life giant lol, we walked over to get my brother from the junior school and all my mates wanted to be lifted on Anthony's shoulders. I will always have good memories but will always have the bad too, he threw a full size dining table at my nan, tried on my nans funeral to hit my mum with a bar stool and the same night turned the gas on in my nans house to try and kill my brother, cousins aunty and uncle....my nan was very soft with him when he was growing up as her youngest son before Anthony died at 3 months and she believed Anthony was a gift and another chance...to be fair it's not just alcohol with him, it's drugs and there's something mentally not right, he was assessed at the rayside clinic for the criminally insane, they stated he wasn't insane but advised my nan when he started "off on one" to get out of the house and go somewhere safe.. basically our house at 3am mostly. 

I don't wish him harm and it was hard to walk away and when I saw him in Sainsbury's 2 years ago I didn't know what to do for the best but I didn't speak and that night and the following day made me realize I had made the right decision...sorry for going on

No need to be sorry Griff, it's clear you loved him for all his faults, which he clearly couldn't help. Sometimes people are just wired wrong. I had an uncle similar to that who spent all of his adult life in a secure home. Not sure they do that nowadays or whether it's the right thing or not but he was a danger to himself and other people, especially my Granny. Though I don't think she ever forgave herself for putting him in there it was all she could do at the time, and it was a really good home who looked after him for all his life.

• Like 1