UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July Already!

Jazz

Jazz...cillit bang, the white bottle.. spray should sort you out, I think our loo covers the back and sides

Eve.. pleased you are home...I am sorry I missed you xx

Blackmagic, hope you and Jim are doing well xx

Owl... hope you are enjoying the new car

Well done to Brian

Drs appt to try and sort my wrist tomorrow

12 hours ago, eve said:

Owl, meant to say, I'm loving your pics on Facebook, they're stunning

Thank you Eve. Done with Samsung Galaxy and not even a recent model but has a brilliant camera. 

Edited by owl

2 hours ago, Yantan said:

Can we see them on here Owl? I don't do FB

My smartphone puts them straight on to my Facebook page for me. It is way smarter than I am. Unfortunately it doesn't put them anywhere else without me knowing how to do it. I have no grandchildren to help me do cyber stuff. If anyone can help me learn (though not today or tomorrow as a lot of stuff to do) that would be very kind.

Hi folks

I have been reading back. Thanks for the good wishes.

Jim's drain is in for another 5weeks but at the end of July he starts chemo as the  fluid collecting is probably connected to the spots in his lungs which are now changing. But the drainage has stopped which can only be good.

He is in a lot of pain from the drain so is on morphine. 

We were at Blair Atholl for the weekend. W had quite a big room at the hotel for a change. This one had room for a big couch.

I woke up at 5am on Sunday morning  to see JIm standing at my side of the bed. I asked him what he was doing, thinking he was sleepwalking or something.. He replied he  could not find Cleo. Not many places in a hotel room to lose a bog dog.

She had been sleeping on the floor at his side of the bed.

As he said her name we heard her tail thumping but still no sign of her. The more we said her name the more the tail thumped.

Was she under the bed? Yes she was, stretched out on her side in  a space the height of her so she could not turn round and could not get herself out.

JIm had to reach under and grab her front paws and her collar and pull her out.

How on earth she got under there I do not know. I do  remember feeling three thumps on the bed during the night but thought Murphy, who was sleeping on the floor at the bottom of the bed , was dreaming and hitting the bed with his paws. as he ran in his dream. 

That must have been when she went under , but why? She will not reach under a chair for her toy or squeeze through a small space. I think she must have done it in her sleep.  

• Like 1

Just seen the pictures of Badger in Valgrays facebook. What a gorgeous wee boy, especially with his hair cut. He looks really happy. 

The rescue my two came from say they have no problem rehoming old dogs. It is the younger, lively ones that are more difficult to place. They do assess them in a foster home and they are not rehomed until they are ready. They also assess the adopters very carefully and don't rehome on a first come, first served basis, They match dogs to their new families  very successfully.

I hope you had an uneventful journey home, Eve, and are not too tired.

No wonder my bedding plants a re struggling this year. The temperature was 5'6  at 6o'clock this morning and it is now 22 degrees. The cold nights can't  be good for them.

• Like 1

So relieved to see you posting, blackmagic. Concern was mounting and there you were having a break! When our first dobe broke both her back legs she used to lie on her back and somehow scoot under our bed, she seemed to find it funny. 

2 hours ago, suzeanna said:

So relieved to see you posting, blackmagic. Concern was mounting and there you were having a break! When our first dobe broke both her back legs she used to lie on her back and somehow scoot under our bed, she seemed to find it funny. 

Have replied to your message. I just found it in my spam.

Blackmagic, hope Jim continues to do well and his pain subsides.

Your dog sounds as daft as mine!

Owl..I screenshot the messages and sent them on WhatsApp to Yantan but I could try and teach you how to upload on a forum...one day when we both have time.

Bless little badger

Jazz, turning Voice mail off is easy, on 02 you just dial a 4 digit number and that's it, Google your provider and turn off voicemail and it should come up, same for changing the colours...YouTube has literally everything now

I am being referred to the hospital about my wrist, I just have to put up with it for now... bloody hurts!

• Sad 1