UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June Give The Goss.....

Jazz

He goes faint and pulls over

It's because the bus is like a green house and to save money they won't have the air con on...not that the cabs have it. Each year it gets really hot and they will give out bottles of water but.....only to the buses that go into the bus station, the rest are on their own and that's why I always ensure I have bottles of water and cans of pop. He knows himself when he is getting too hot and they keep insisting he must wear his tie, he takes it off, he has passed his medicals since he passed out, he had his licence revoked for 6 weeks where work left him with no wages.... even though it was no fault of his, he isn't the only one it happens to, the company are vert neglectful with regards the well being of their staff, most are depressed and have stress

Comments

Phebe Cooper
W
Phebe Cooper shared a post to the group: DogLost Team Forum.
11 mins · 

This is how the saga of the raccoon dogs finished last night. Massive community effort, with all of us bringing something to the search, either time, knowledge or equipment. The guy with the thermal camera is a birdwatcher from the reserve. Just in time, as because of the uproar in the media DEFRA decided to act and were sending a marksman. Meanwhile a licensed darter I know was standing by.

10354686_10150004552801856_2203675011061
Sam Tune to Clarborough, Hayton and Welham Community

After 3 days (nights) of searching with the assistance of locals from the conservation community, rescues, and local drone users (all of whom can choose to be identified and mention their organisations if they wish, I will track and edit this post (Retford and district drone club and at least one other)), Beastwatch, and a expert from the region, we had established a search area, and verified that the animals were still likely local.

As the weekend approached and more time was made available to people, we concentrated our efforts over 2 sessions on the Friday.

We gained permission to enter land from residents in preparation (thank you very much), and ensured all drone flights were safe in daylight. We set up scent trails and a fox trap, loaned a thermal camera from a resident (comment if you want adding in), mapped all sightings for reference, and began sweeping the outlying fields with drones before dusk while myself and another waited patiently with spotting equipment.

These drones played a part in ensuring the raccoon dogs did not happen to wander beyond our bounds and potentially moving them inwards.

A few hours in, 2 locals found the drone team due to their high vis jackets and informed them that they had sighted the male on Big lane.

We left our positions and attended the address and found a scared tanuki that was easily captured by myself with a catchpole provided by Michelle Page (https://www.facebook.com/pagespetrescue/)
We confirmed him to be the male. Due to a lack of light, the drones were called off (but entirely willing to return if needed).

Thank you very much to all involved. Do not name others without their consent.

The second search began at around 2 am, myself and 3 individuals from Beastwatch (Chris Mullin, Mike Potts, and Katie Ashleigh).

We covered the local fields and little lane, finding much of nothing.

While regrouping at about 3am, a Beastwatch member (Chris) wandered off and spotted her at another address that we had permission to attend on Big Lane. We approached methodically, leading her to an outbuilding where the thermal camera was key in finding her hidden, a member of Beastwatch (Mike Potts) managed to get her out from behind cover with a catchpole.

Both tanukis have attended a vet check and have the all clear.

The enclosure is being remodeled to include a double fence all of the way around in addition to relaying the floor. The tanukis will be kept indoors until such modifications are entirely completed.

Thank you to all involved, even if you haven't been mentioned directly. Too many people helped in some capacity! Thank you also to the people of Clarborough for your patience in this situation.

•  
  •  
  •  
Edited by owl

I agree Griff that people take it as an admission of guilt but not showing concern can tip people the other way and actually make them sue the other party.

Anyway Ruby's dashcam records front and back and has a motion detector that switches the camera on when people are parking at either end and it triggered and caught me being squashed. I don't intend to take it further but I am going to let them know that little fact all the same 😈 

Sorry I missed a page. That was a great effort by all concerned Owl. Well done to everyone who had a hand in it. And as for the press sensationalising the situation I have some suitable words for them but none are printable. This is the sort of thing that fuelled the awful Dangerous Dog Act and saw Pitties banned from the UK. Grrrrr.

Missed a lot!

Well done Owl and all concerned re the racoon dogs. Poor creatures must have been so frightened. But they'd have been the ones killed if they'd attacked in fear.

Pleased the flooring being fitted went well Jazz and that you like it. Has the foster gone now?

That is so unfair on Steve Griff and surely bordering on breaching employment law. Don't bus drivers have a union that can stick up for them? They certainly used to.

Eve, the union are crap...go along with the company, they have had hours increased...no extra pay, shift changes with no consultation, he used to do 7 straight then a long weekend...no spread shift ( you work 4hrs, go home for 4 work another 4) now he does 7 straight Inc a spread or 9 straight Inc a spread. The Dr said morning shifts...they just ignore it. He is trapped as he can't read or write properly so has no qualifications and all jobs want qualifications.

Pigeon made a right mess, threw food and water everywhere, have given him new paper and a bowl of water and he seems happy enough for now

Are you in France now Eve? I bet it's hot there

Edited by griff